Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alliant 3-5 day message to join then CC success

tag
startover03
New Contributor

alliant 3-5 day message to join then CC success

I didnt find the answer yet on boards, sorry if I'm posting the wrong place and not finding it.  I just tried to join online and got a message that "thanks for your application to establish membership at alliant, an alliant rep will review your application and a rep will contact you in 3-5 days via mail about my account status".   Is this usual process or does it mean maybe denied for a savings account?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
startover03
New Contributor

Re: alliant 3-5 day message to join?

I searched and found some people got the same message I did and were approved eventually. I'll be nervously waiting Alliants response...

Message 2 of 12
RadioRob
Established Contributor

It typically means they could not verify your identity.  Wait till like Tuesday and give them a call.

Also...  make sure your chexsystems report is clean.  They DO look at chex when opening a new checking acct.

Message 3 of 12
startover03
New Contributor

I just got an email requesting documents to verify my identity.  I don't know if I missed a question as I think about the online questions, two places I have worked for in the past, I know were bought out, but I don't know who bought them...so maybe I answered wrong and that triggered this identity request. 

Message 4 of 12
happy0510
Established Contributor

@startover03 wrote:

I just got an email requesting documents to verify my identity.  I don't know if I missed a question as I think about the online questions, two places I have worked for in the past, I know were bought out, but I don't know who bought them...so maybe I answered wrong and that triggered this identity request. 

I got the same response and documents.  I think it standard.  Congrats. Alliant is Great!!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 12
startover03
New Contributor

Thanks!  Well I had sent the ID forms in, and never gotten an actual welcome email.  I replied to the email they sent me about ID, and got a reply that the account has been set up and will receive welcome kit in 7-10 days via mail.  I guess I would like to try for a credit card with them, but not sure if I should wait for the kit or just go ahead and call.  Concern being, the BK on my record.  Lost points for the inquiry with them and Cap 1 so I'm now at 693 EQ.  Any advice on applying by phone soon (to use same inquiry hopefully) vs. waiting for kit and establishing more history (perhaps savings, perhaps secured loan?) is appreciated. 

Message 6 of 12
startover03
New Contributor

I just spoke with Will of Alliant (very pleasant), and my Visa application was approved!  I applied online this morning, after joining last week (got the 3-5 day message etc.) Anyhow, I got the amount I requested, for $7500.  He said my score was 680-719 range and the rate I'm offered is 14.24%.  I sent him my last 2 pay stubs as requested, and he called right back to say I'll get the card in 7-10 days.  I'm pretty pleased.  Thanks for the encouragement from everyone.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did some research on Alliant myself and decided to move from US Bank to Alliant. 

I copmleted the membership app online, and pre-qualified for an auto loan but declined.  No pre-approval for the CC though?  I was sortof hoping for this as I had read this was the norm for online membership apps.

So, I contacted customer service, they transferred me to a loan officer to inquire about a CC.  The LO  said it was be a 2nd inquiry to apply, I said OK. 

Did the app over the phone...asked for $12K.  He put me on hold, came back a minute later and BAM - approved!  Yay!  They did ask for last 2 paystubs to finalize the offer.

I just emailed him my proof of income...and asked if the limit could be set at $15K.  We'll see what he says!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news, I faxed over proof of income and they gave me the $15K CL.  This is 10x my highest limit (Cap1, $1.5K).  There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!

Message 9 of 12
Shae123
Contributor

@startover03 wrote:

I just spoke with Will of Alliant (very pleasant), and my Visa application was approved!  I applied online this morning, after joining last week (got the 3-5 day message etc.) Anyhow, I got the amount I requested, for $7500.  He said my score was 680-719 range and the rate I'm offered is 14.24%.  I sent him my last 2 pay stubs as requested, and he called right back to say I'll get the card in 7-10 days.  I'm pretty pleased.  Thanks for the encouragement from everyone.

How are your reports? Any baddies?

I just joined Alliant and got the 3-5 day message and was thinking of applying for a card... My scores are about the same as yours...

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.