New Contributor
startover03

Re: alliant 3-5 day message to join?

Shae 123: I have a BK-13 filed 04, discharged early 08, should drop from reports next summer.  Several lates in 06.  Perfect history for about 4 years.  Good luck to you if you apply! 

Cardmaster:  WOW.  Way to go!

Contributor
cardmaster

Re: alliant 3-5 day message to join?

on EQ, just a 60 day late from 5+ years ago on a student loan.  Otherwise a clean report.  I pulled my fico before I app'd so it's a fresh score.  I did not get the 3-5 day message when i joined, it approved me online.  But from what others have said on here it sounds like the 3-5 day message is sometimes triggered by answering the fraud questions wrong.

I did not get a CC preapproval when going thru the member join screens.  So I had to call in for that, and had to do a whole new app.  So, it wound up being 2 inq's on EQ (one for membership, the other for CC).  For a $15K CC, I was OK with that!!  I live in TU land, so nobody pulls EQ around here anyways.  So only have a couple inq's on EQ....no big deal.

Strange thing though, my FICO from this site and the score he quoted me were substantially different.  He said i was between 680 and 720 or something.  I think I read somewhere that they use a different FICO scoring model though. 

Starting Score: 3/2010 - TU = 635 EQ = 620
Current Score: 10/2010 - TU = 699 EQ = 743 EX = 709 (LO pull)
Goal Score: 1,000,000

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}