Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am i the only one that gets pissed?

tag
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Re: am I the only one that gets pissed?

I think those people who get in through some obscure channel are pushing it, but then again, it's not their fault that NFCU has loopholes like that. I agree it's ridiculous that they aren't open to all vets, but other people can join through a distant relative or in-law or in some other convoluted way.

On the other hand, as someone mentioned before, us immediate family members may not be wearing the combat boots and on the frontline, but we make sacrifices and we go through hard times as well. I don't see anything wrong with parents/siblings/children of service members joining. I am not yet a member but I hope to join through my big bro sometime soon. As a military family we must make sacrifices that normal families don't...I see nothing wrong with us getting a little benefit like NFCU eligibility from that. 

Photobucket
Message 71 of 113
swpopham
Established Contributor

@FloridaState12 wrote:

I think those people who get in through some obscure channel are pushing it, but then again, it's not their fault that NFCU has loopholes like that. I agree it's ridiculous that they aren't open to all vets, but other people can join through a distant relative or in-law or in some other convoluted way.

On the other hand, as someone mentioned before, us immediate family members may not be wearing the combat boots and on the frontline, but we make sacrifices and we go through hard times as well. I don't see anything wrong with parents/siblings/children of service members joining. I am not yet a member but I hope to join through my big bro sometime soon. As a military family we must make sacrifices that normal families don't...I see nothing wrong with us getting a little benefit like NFCU eligibility from that. 

i agree 100%, again, I should have used better puncutation. What I was aming to say was, your  (dad, mother, brother, wife, daugher, son has the right to join) not your roomate or the guys that say my best friends 19th cousin was 101st air borne back in 1911.

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 72 of 113
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

i agree 100%, again, I should have used better puncutation. What I was aming to say was, your  (dad, mother, brother, wife, daugher, son has the right to join) not your roomate or the guys that say my best friends 19th cousin was 101st air borne back in 1911.

Great. We are definitely on the same page here. Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 73 of 113
4thmouse

I think we should stop messing with these CU's with all the strange requirments and loopholes and form our own CU. You know the MyFico Credit Union, MFCU... Great rates, Highl limits, and the only reuirement is you are a MyFico member. Smiley Very Happy

Message 74 of 113
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@4thmouse wrote:

I think we should stop messing with these CU's with all the strange requirments and loopholes and form our own CU. You know the MyFico Credit Union, MFCU... Great rates, Highl limits, and the only reuirement is you are a MyFico member. Smiley Very Happy

Just 14 posts huh?  I think you are one of those freeloaders trying to join MFCU by posting on your roomates computer.

Message 75 of 113
RonDawg
Contributor

Re: am i the only one that gets pissed?

I love the question "am I the only one that gets pissed?"   I want to say I bet your not lol

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 76 of 113
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: am i the only one that gets pissed?

I don't understand the point of this thread.

I am confused.

I would too be mad if ppl were lying and cheating their way into NFCU.  But if ppl are qualifying for membership by following rules, then I can't see why to be soo upset.

And btw, "roommates" is actually classified as "household members" according to NFCU.  Household members who are eligible through existing members MUST reside at the same address and make an economic contribution to the financial stability of the household of the existing member.

So if Mike Brady was eligble for membership, Alice the maid could be too.  This is the 21st centutry, and many housholds are mixed families.  If you don't like this rule that NFCU has, then try to change it.  But no reason to get mad and post just a silly post.  This should be in the Smorgasboard threads and not in CC threads.

Message 77 of 113
mrcrush20
New Contributor

Every person in a family servers when our husband, dad, mom... "roommates" server. I think any family who has a family member in the armed forces can tell you that much, that being said they are entitled to the same help and benefits as such. I think as well Roommates was added to include domestic partners, to each their own.. And if so they to should be included in the benefits. The only PROBLEM I see is why out Vets would be excluded from this.. Are retired or disabled vets at a higher risk ? If that's the case.... In IMO its our own government fault for falling out veteran's. 

Message 78 of 113
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Please continue to have a Friendly discussion Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 79 of 113
drkaje
Senior Contributor

If their policy ever changes, I'll join. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 80 of 113
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.