Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am i the only one that gets pissed?

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: am i the only one that gets pissed?

I don't think you'd have a problem unless your account is flagged for verification.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 101 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't like the restriction that doesn't allow all honerable discharged vets to join either.

NFCU is the first bank account I ever opened and I'm glad I kept it active. I have friends who are vets and they have no way to join.

I didn't realize how attractive NFCU membership is to so many people. It's crazy, I've actually had people ask me to have one of their bills sent to my address so they can claim that we are within the same household and then join through me. Smiley Indifferent

Message 102 of 113
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Kind of Gree with the OP....

i can def understand family members of servicemen or those who work for DOD....but a roommate and not a disabled Vet? Seriously 

i could not care less if that is the rule, I also have a right to disagree with it as well

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 103 of 113
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:
Im one of those people who slipped thru a crack to join...at least i think. I joined thru a cousin who lives on another state, we dont even have the same last name. U mad? Lol jk

And you're proud? 

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 104 of 113
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@Sparkz1920 wrote:

i can def understand family members of servicemen or those who work for DOD....but a roommate and not a disabled Vet? Seriously 

i could not care less if that is the rule, I also have a right to disagree with it as well

I agree that a roommate shouldn't be allowed in. But family should. Doesn't matter to me though since I am already a member and will be serving after college anyhow. Do they really let roommates join? I wasn't aware of that. They should close that loophole pronto. Immediate family should be allowed in but definitely not a roommate.

Message 105 of 113
swpopham
Established Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

I beleive that the OP was really talking about posts like this that was just started on New Years day:

Most creative way to join NFCU

Perhaps in the OP's rant he didn't explain himself fully and completely so many people have taken offense to it.  However in the post that I just referenced this guy is clearly not eligible but wants to know what can he do to get in.  I mean its probably someone just trying to ruffle feathers since his post count is only 3, but I still believe that it was THIS type of post that was getting to him and not the Vets and other Military personnel that are not able to join.

Thank you dear,

that is another one of the ones!!

I have the P&L let me see if i can dig these out

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 106 of 113
swpopham
Established Contributor

Operating Statistics 3rd Quarter, 2012
Assets$51,589,622,754

Member Savings$37,225,087,714

Loans Outstanding$34,163,623,172

Reserves$5,799,082,105

Members

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 107 of 113
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@PokemonMaster wrote:

@Sparkz1920 wrote:

I agree that a roommate shouldn't be allowed in. But family should. Doesn't matter to me though since I am already a member and will be serving after college anyhow. Do they really let roommates join? I wasn't aware of that. They should close that loophole pronto. Immediate family should be allowed in but definitely not a roommate.

Every CU that I'm a member of allows for this membership opportunity.  Why wouldn't you want your CU to be successful by gaining as many members as possible allowed by law? It's how you get all the great benefits of membership.  The more a CU makes, the more you as a member gets in return by way of lower rates, higher limits and higher interest on savings.  Unlike a bank, a CU has to bestow all profit back to it's members.  Besides, if it's a roommate that you have a care for, why wouldn't you want them to have the same great benefits as you?  If it's someone that's not- don't tell them about the opportunity.  Let me be clear, I don't think anyone thha doesn't have a legitimate way "in" should have membership.  It's unlawful and puts the CU at risk.  I despise this!

Let me

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 108 of 113
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

I'd rather my CU be successful by taking ALL members who have fought and even family members of those who have died for our country an opportunity to join

i could not care less about a roommate joining

Message 109 of 113
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Very interesting!

Do you think there would also be objections from other CUs about increased competition from larger CUs?  

Hi!  because CUs are non- profit, they do not compete.  Therefore most CUs actually work together through an organization called CU Service Centers.  Many are on this network (though NFCU does not participate and I have solicited them to please do so)  and it allows one to go into any participating CU and do pretty much any banking you need as if one is in one's own CU.  Pretty nifty actually.  2 of my CUs participate and I have used the system all over the US.  You can google "Credit Union Service Centers" and see a list of all participating CUs.

Actually just because a CU is non-profit (or any other organization with this status for that matter) doesn't mean they're not in the business of making money, and absolutely compete against the rest of the market as a result.

I actually work for an organization which some would likely be slightly surprised to find that it's a non-profit... but everyone would think it patently absurd if anyone stated that we weren't out to make money, and they'd be 100% correct.

        
Message 110 of 113
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.