Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amazon and walmart?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

amazon and walmart?

hi all,

Just approved on sat for walmart and amazon. What are the quickest ways to grow these cards?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: amazon and walmart?

With any creditor, limits are based primarily on what your credit profile and income qualify for.  Idenitify issues with your credit and address them.  Don't rely on the usage meme.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait a few months out and use the cards as you will. And you'll see synchrony is the best I have the Wal-Mart store card my starting limit was $400 6 months later $6000 no problem
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a decent TU score, call CS after you receive the cards and activate them, ask for $25,000 on each.

Message 4 of 13
dfitzg
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have a decent TU score, call CS after you receive the cards and activate them, ask for $25,000 on each.

I called before getting the cards and got $2500 CLI's on both

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion score is 605 so not sure they would increase my limit right away.

Message 6 of 13
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Transunion score is 605 so not sure they would increase my limit right away.

Try. It's a SP and if I don't annoy them you surely won't. They are areally nice. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

After having Wally worlds for years now I find that the more you use it the more likely the love button works! However if you have scores well into the 700s or when you do...Call the back door and ask for something crazy! I did it for Lowes and I went from $6K to $20K in one setting. Wally world went from $2300 to $10K. Amazon had gone from $2800 to $8000. I could have asked for more but I figured in a 2 day span that was pretty awesome! Good luck and just treat the credit line with respect and it will naturally grow on its own!

GL!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting this. I too got approved for both Walmart and Amazon this weekend and I was wondering the same thing. I shop with Amazon and Walmart a bunch so I figured getting their cards could potentially show some benefit to being a loyal customer. 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying not to push my luck. I am not sure if when i call they are going to actually look at my credit report, i still have an old walmart discharge reporting on there.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.