Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amazon card....

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

amazon card....

i know i know i am in gardening...but i am starting to buy a tv series and the prices are better on amazon... i was about to apply but said no....

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: amazon card....

I want this card also... but in the end it doesn't really do anything for you unless you are buying something like a computer that can get the 12-24 month 0% finance.

You don't own rewards and it can't eventually turn into a Discover, Visa, Amex like some other cards backed by GE because Amazon gave the Visa line of their card to Chase not GE.

Message 2 of 14
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I want this card also... but in the end it doesn't really do anything for you unless you are buying something like a computer that can get the 12-24 month 0% finance.

You don't own rewards and it can't eventually turn into a Discover, Visa, Amex like some other cards backed by GE because Amazon gave the Visa line of their card to Chase not GE.

so any GE card can turn in to another cad?

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 3 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Chevron, Gap, Banana, etc. can become Visa, either getting approved for it in the beginning or being offered.

Walmart, Sams, offer Discover

Dillards has Amex.

They are all backed by GE bank.

Message 4 of 14
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

The advantage of the Amazon card is the free financing option and it starts at $149 for 6 months, pretty easy to put together an order for $149.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cobrandcard/marketing.html/ref=amb_link_6326822_3?ie=UTF8&place=camp&inc=de...

Message 5 of 14
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous... I was really tempted when I was going to buy some books on Amazon a couple of weeks ago, but talked myself out of it. The only benefits are the financing for higher priced items. Right now, it's starting @ $149 for 6 mos @ 0%, so for $50 of books, it just didn't pay when I can get 1% on my Navy CC.

I *wish* Amazon would add some benefits to that card. Then I'd snap it up in a minute. Smiley Tongue

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 14
logan_720
Established Contributor

You know what would also be nice, is for them to actually print the card as if it were an actual credit card. This flimsy piece of laminated paper that they call my "Amazon Card" didn't really hold up for very long Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 14
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

You know what would also be nice, is for them to actually print the card as if it were an actual credit card. This flimsy piece of laminated paper that they call my "Amazon Card" didn't really hold up for very long Smiley Tongue

What were you doing to wear it out so much? Smiley Very Happy

I can't imagine ever really needing the actual physical card, at least not enough for it to wear out. You don't have to swipe it...or carry it in your wallet or anything...seems like a piece of paper just as "proof" of a card would suffice. 

Photobucket
Message 8 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I wanted this card about 3 months ago and got declined. Don't want it anymore, Gardening is the focus!!! (psst.....afbar..........)Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 14
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

The advantage of the Amazon card is the free financing option and it starts at $149 for 6 months, pretty easy to put together an order for $149.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cobrandcard/marketing.html/ref=amb_link_6326822_3?ie=UTF8&place=camp&inc=de...

While it's pretty easy to put together an order for $149, Amazon frequently will split an order into multiple charges as each piece ships.  That results in the order total not being $149 or more according to GECRB and no free financing for you.  It's a real pain in the butt to get them to fix it, but it can be done.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.