Did you mean: 

amazon chk out option....

tag
bk510
Valued Contributor

amazon chk out option....

hey guys,

i just got approved for amazon store card for 700 recently

i have not yet received the card in the mail.

last night, i ordered a logitech mouse using my CC, so CC was added.

this morning my card came in the mail.

i wanted to try out the amazon card and ordered something small but at the check out,

there is no option to choose the amazon store card and its only showing my CC as default payment.

i wonder if need to delete my CC first????

anybody no bout this?

thanks,

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Re: amazon chk out option....

I think you need to go into your amazon account and add you new card

and make it your defaul payment option if that is the way you are going to pay,

you would not need to delete your other CC just add this one.  I hope this is what you were asking??

Good luck

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 2 of 10
bk510
Valued Contributor

@cowboy

thanks, i'll try that see if that works....

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 3 of 10
bk510
Valued Contributor

@cowboy,

before i received my card in the mail today, ever since i got approved, amazon store card automatically appeared as my default payment up until 2 days ago, but its gone.

i just tried to log in to store card account (GE), they are doing some updates, cant get in right now.

but cowboy, let me ask u somethin, were u initially saying that i have to log into my amazon card account AND add the card as a default payment?

if i understand that correctly? and is that the way its usually done?

thanks

Message 4 of 10
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@bk510 wrote:

@Anonymous

thanks, i'll try that see if that works....

I opened up my amazon account to check and yeah that's pretty much it,

oh and by the way I forgot congrats on the new account

Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 5 of 10
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@bk510 wrote:

hey guys,

i just got approved for amazon store card for 700 recently

i have not yet received the card in the mail.

last night, i ordered a logitech mouse using my CC, so CC was added.

this morning my card came in the mail.

i wanted to try out the amazon card and ordered something small but at the check out,

there is no option to choose the amazon store card and its only showing my CC as default payment.

i wonder if need to delete my CC first????

anybody no bout this?

thanks,

That's strange...when I got mine, it automatically "pushed aside" my CC and made the Amazon card the default. Maybe sometimes you have to physically add it to your payment array. Good luck.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 6 of 10
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

You need to log into your amazon account, you will see the option under payments,

add credit or debit card, add your new store card info, it will be added as a payment option

you should then be able to make this you default payment option under the manage payment link

you don't need into GE account to set up with amazon

Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 7 of 10
flan
Regular Contributor

If you log in to you amazon account, there's an option to mange your payment methods.  Somewhre in those screens is an option to set your default payment option.  In my experience, at checkout, it defaults to the amazon store card, regardless of how I have the option set.  Since I only use the amazon card for the 0% offers, this annoys me.  Most of my purchases are small, and I want them on a card that gives me rewards....

I'd wait until tomorrow before worrying; it's possible the maintance means amazon can't charge the card or something.

Message 8 of 10
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, mine automatically added mine on and made it the primary payment.  It has stayed that way since.  The credit card I previously used is still stored, so I can select that one if I want to.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 9 of 10
goosedog
Regular Contributor

Same here. It pushed my old card aside and made my store card the default one.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.