Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amazon rewards cli question

tag
wrxlover2
Established Member

amazon rewards cli question

so i was about to pay in full on my first chase amazon rewards statement.but i wanted to talk to everyone here,from what i heard to get a quick cli on some cards your supposed to carry part of your balance for sevveral statements,does anybody know if this card is like that?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: amazon rewards cli question

@wrxlover2 wrote:

so i was about to pay in full on my first chase amazon rewards statement.but i wanted to talk to everyone here,from what i heard to get a quick cli on some cards your supposed to carry part of your balance for sevveral statements,does anybody know if this card is like that?

Never do this for any card just to get a credit limit increase. Chase will give you a credit limit increase even if you never carry a balance; many people on here including me are proof of that. I don't know where you heard that, but it's silly to throw away money in hopes of receiving an increase.

Message 2 of 5
wrxlover2
Established Member

ok great thank you for the quikc response much appreciated

Message 3 of 5
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Carry a balance if you want to, but definately don't do it for a CLI.  You'd be paying them to allow you to borrow more.  Chase is stingy with CLIs.  You could open up another card and transfer limits if you want to boost your spending power on one card over the other, which is exactly what I did.  My Freedom card is a love child between my Sapphire and United cards.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 4 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@wrxlover2 wrote:

Never do this for any card just to get a credit limit increase. Chase will give you a credit limit increase even if you never carry a balance; many people on here including me are proof of that. I don't know where you heard that, but it's silly to throw away money in hopes of receiving an increase.

+1.   Also ask yourself "What is the real value to me of a CLI?" and that tells you if it worth paying interest in the HOPE of getting one.  I believe for most the value of a CLI is financially $0 (if you are paying a card several times a month there is some time-saving from getting a bigger CL, but still a small value).  Emotionally, it may have more value, but try to overcome that!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.