Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

american express/citi/chase

tag
newyearnewcredit
Contributor

american express/citi/chase

question. I have currenltly 33 inquries on my report. how long should I garden before applying for the cards mentioned above (american express- either gold delta skymiles/or green charge/ citi ( any card) or chase (slate or freedom). Im expecting a big bump in my score with 2 collection deletions thats going to happen soon. and macys agreed to delete my 30 day lates. my report will be pretty much spotless. current scores in siggy  

(714)EQ (712)EX (722)TU
AMEX Plat NPSL/ NFCU CashRewards $17300/Discover It $3000/AMEX Delta Gold $1000/Americas First Federal Credit Union $1000/Capital One Quicksilver $13500/Macys Gold $7000/Belk $1800/Bloomingdales $1500/ Amazon $2370/Cheveron $1800/Banana Republic $1800/Walmart MasterCard $1800/ Bancorp South $$3000/Regions $3000
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: american express/citi/chase

@newyearnewcredit wrote:

question. I have currenltly 33 inquries on my report. how long should I garden before applying for the cards mentioned above (american express- either gold delta skymiles/or green charge/ citi ( any card) or chase (slate or freedom). Im expecting a big bump in my score with 2 collection deletions thats going to happen soon. and macys agreed to delete my 30 day lates. my report will be pretty much spotless. current scores in siggy  

You need to wait until you have very few inquries in the last year and get your scores into the 700's.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@newyearnewcredit wrote:

I would do nothing until the last inquiry is at least 6 months old and your CAs are gone.

Message 3 of 13
Networth
Frequent Contributor

That's a lot of inq's. To be honest you should wait probably over the regular 6 month mark due to the amount you have. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 4 of 13
BRlaw
Established Member

Wait so you have 33 inqs total or 33 inqs on a single report?

Discover IT $1000 - TJX MC $3750 - Walmart $950 - Citi AAdvantage $2000/NPSL - Macy's $1000 - Wells Fargo College $1000
Jcrew $1300 - Overstock $7000 - Chase Freedom $3500

Message 5 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@newyearnewcredit wrote:

question. I have currenltly 33 inquries on my report. how long should I garden before applying for the cards mentioned above (american express- either gold delta skymiles/or green charge/ citi ( any card) or chase (slate or freedom). Im expecting a big bump in my score with 2 collection deletions thats going to happen soon.

Your post contains the info you need.  Your odds are best when your credit is in its best shape so definitely after the collections come off.  As for the inquiries it all depends on who pulls which CA, how many inquiries you have with that specific CA and the age of the inquiries and when they either fall off or lose their impact.  We can't tell you "apply in X time".

Message 6 of 13
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

33 inquiries is a sign of extreme desperation by someone who is not thinking about the consequences of their actions (in your case - continuing to apply for cards, knowing that the inquiries are only going to diminish your chances for future approvals).

You will probably be declined, and will have three more inquiries added to your report. 

You should be patient, and wait for most of the inquiries to age off, before making any more applications for the big-name cards you are looking at.

Message 7 of 13
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

For all you know, they are car loan inquiries. 

Message 8 of 13
alvon123
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@newyearnewcredit wrote:

I would do nothing until the last inquiry is at least 6 months old and your CAs are gone.

+1

Message 9 of 13
BootStraps
Established Contributor

Your current score is 800? With that many inquiries on your report?

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.