Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

american express platinum illusion

tag
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: american express platinum illusion

@creditguy-378 wrote:

in order to get the centurion you have got to be makeing at least in the high 6 fig. more than likely 1mil.+ plus assets and a great credit rating then you got to pay the 10,000 annual fee plus the minimun spending requirment it's at least what iv'e heard is 250,000-1,000,000 a year

The AF on centurion is 2500 (and a joining fee of 5000).

I am wondering what is the source of the income requirements that you stated, is this confirmed info or your guess?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 11 of 18
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

It's not an income requirement.  He was trying to describe the income levels you would need to be able to support the spending requirement of $250,000 or what is now rumored to be $500,000.

I was very disappointed with this thread.  I thought in this string of new AMEX cards that they were announcing the availability of the new AMEX Platinum Illusion.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 18
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@thrasher865 wrote:

It's not an income requirement.  He was trying to describe the income levels you would need to be able to support the spending requirement of $250,000 or what is now rumored to be $500,000.

I was very disappointed with this thread.  I thought in this string of new AMEX cards that they were announcing the availability of the new AMEX Platinum Illusion.

Well considering it is completely off topic now, maybe I will start one about the Amex Centurion to get back in your graces. Smiley Tongue

Sorry to be the bearer of your disappointment. It is Amex Platinum illusion" as an optical illusion. Going back to the original topic, I thought I saw a preapproval for the Amex Platinum...which was at the moment an "illusion". But, if you care to know I got the notice again today from my home computer. So.. ?? idk.

About the AF for Centurion, I agree with Vish. I've always read that 7,500 is the start up cost.

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 13 of 18
vish1
Valued Contributor

@aamex wrote:

@thrasher865 wrote:

Well considering it is completely off topic now, maybe I will start one about the Amex Centurion to get back in your graces. Smiley Tongue

Sorry to be the bearer of your disappointment. It is Amex Platinum illusion" as an optical illusion. Going back to the original topic, I thought I saw a preapproval for the Amex Platinum...which was at the moment an "illusion". But, if you care to know I got the notice again today from my home computer. So.. ?? idk.

About the AF for Centurion, I agree with Vish. I've always read that 7,500 is the start up cost.

Well, what you saw is not illusion, this is how amex pre approvals work for members. I see the pre approvals for multiple cards (including platinum) at times and then they vanish.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aamex wrote:

@thrasher865 wrote:

Why dont you go to the Amex pre-approval site and see exactly what/if youre pre-approved? Its a soft pull: https://www201.americanexpress.com/secure/my-special-offers?btct=AMEX_APPLY_Main_SJ_N1_Bucket_ultima...

As far as the AF, there really isnt any speculation. Google can answer that for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_Card . In the US its US$ 2,500 + One-time joining fee of US$ 5,000.

Message 15 of 18
vish1
Valued Contributor

I can be wrong but AFAIK the Amex pre selector thing doesnt work for people who are already members.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vish1 wrote:

I can be wrong but AFAIK the Amex pre selector thing doesnt work for people who are already members.

Yah. I re-read the OP and missed he/she was already a member. In that case, the usual way. When logged into your account, click on the additional cards tab, and choose see all cards. On the far tab, it will either show current offers for you, or if you dont have any, it will say refer friends & earn rewards. and those offers for you can be elusive. They could be there one minute, and gone the next hour.

Message 17 of 18
vish1
Valued Contributor

+1

You nailed it down with absolute precision

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.