Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

american express purchase protection

tag
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

MORe: american express purchase protection

AMEX must have changed their MO in the last ten years or so.  When I made a claim about 10 years ago for a $35 necktie that was physically damaged the first time I wore it they required me to send it back to them and made me jump through hoops to get reimbursed.  Glad to hear they are getting better in this regard.

Message 11 of 16
Achase
Regular Contributor

Re: MORe: american express purchase protection

Lol I definetely thought I was gonna have to take a lie detector test, submit DNA from my dog and send them droplets of my blood but to my surprise it was a smooth process.

@Watchmann wrote:

AMEX must have changed their MO in the last ten years or so.  When I made a claim about 10 years ago for a $35 necktie that was physically damaged the first time I wore it they required me to send it back to them and made me jump through hoops to get reimbursed.  Glad to hear they are getting better in this regard.

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 16
danisgods
Regular Contributor

I'm very impressed , i was recently approved for a Zync, i haven't used it yet...

What card from Amex did u use? did you sign up for this service or, it comes with it?

To be honest, you got some balls, i mean, i dont want to protect Amex, but what did they have to do with it, if your dog ate your shoes? Smiley Happy

Thats amazing , that they gave you the money back, i am gonna be called a liar so many times tomorrow when i tell people that history, no one is gonna believe me...Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Message 13 of 16
Achase
Regular Contributor

i used my platinum charge card.

purchase protection is included with all amex cards at no additional cost

@danisgods wrote:

I'm very impressed , i was recently approved for a Zync, i haven't used it yet...

What card from Amex did u use? did you sign up for this service or, it comes with it?

To be honest, you got some balls, i mean, i dont want to protect Amex, but what did they have to do with it, if your dog ate your shoes? Smiley Happy

Thats amazing , that they gave you the money back, i am gonna be called a liar so many times tomorrow when i tell people that history, no one is gonna believe me...Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522

Message 14 of 16
dharalex
Established Contributor

Re: american express purchase protection

@forrestfico, have a boxer, too! They will chew anything in site including your Amex card if you leave it on the floor! Lol. But seriously, I am a new Amex owner of a gold premier and blue card, and I have only had extremely professional experiences with them...I truly am a customer for life!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 15 of 16
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

Re: american express purchase protection

what number do you call to file a claim?

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.