Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

americane xpress SkyMiles

tag
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

americane xpress SkyMiles

i was just approved for 5500k Smiley Happy yes I'm happy! does it have Flexibility to pay over time? also which card is best to get it to convert to? umm how many americane xpress cards can you apply for?

Message Edited by oneloveforall_2000 on 08-28-2007 09:49 PM
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Re: americane xpress SkyMiles

Congrats!  Did you get the Gold Delta SkyMiles?  You can convert to Blue or Blue Cash if you want.  Just call and ask upon activation.
Message 2 of 20
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

how do you get them to convert, what do you say to them? should you wait to get the card or call before you get it? should i ask for a cli at activation? lol. yes i got the Gold Delta SkyMiles

Message Edited by oneloveforall_2000 on 08-28-2007 09:58 PM
Message 3 of 20
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Wait until you get the card and when you call to activate it ask if you can convert to one of the Blues.  At this point in time, I would be very cautious with CLIs and AMEX.  You don't  want the dreaded FR. 
Message 4 of 20
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

I was very honest!!! so can you carry a balance?
Message 5 of 20
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Yes you can.  I believe the interest rate is 18.24%  Might want to verify your rate though.

Message Edited by SpecFile on 08-28-2007 09:10 PM
Message 6 of 20
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

i really hope they convert cause i don't like paying fees, to have a card..lol I was trying to convert when they called me to let me know I was approved, he asked if i wanted to apply for the blue one, should I?
Message 7 of 20
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

If that's the one you want then do it.  Research Blue and Blue Cash and decide which one would benefit you more.  I fly so the Delta SkyMiles is the card for me. 
Message 8 of 20
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

i apply for Delta SkyMiles b\c everyone said it was easy to get, but i don't fly much.lol
Message 9 of 20
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

lol, then you should definitely convert to Blue or Blue Cash.  I heard that it is really easy to do.

Message Edited by SpecFile on 08-28-2007 09:20 PM
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.