Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

americane xpress SkyMiles

tag
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

Re: americane xpress SkyMiles

i wonder if you need a higher score for the blue? can you apply for more then one card?
Message 11 of 20
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure what score you need for Blue but the people on this board say that it is not hard to do once you have been approved for the SkyMiles card.  Yes you can apply for more than one card.
Message 12 of 20
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

which blue is easy to get?
Message 13 of 20
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

That I don't know because I have not applied for one.
Message 14 of 20
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

My Delta Gold Sky Miles came in the mail yesterday (woo hoo!) and I was able to convert it to Blue Cash. He said it was a soft pull. I didn't ask for a CLI - but went online later to apply for CLEAR. Clearly I had too much wine, because I think you need scores in the 700s. It came back - "we'll let you know"...

So I called AMEX today about something else and she said she had approval for the CLEAR card that I applied for - would I like her to process it. Heck yeah!! Turns out it was for 5k !!! My Delta is for 2k !
Both are great cards. I'm so happy. My EX yesterday was 653 and my EQ is 661 - so I guess other things play a part in the approvals.

I'm just so happy. Congrats on your card !!!
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

well boo hoo for you . consider yourself lucky as i got approved for BOA AMEX at $500 limit. i consider it a slap in da face with my income of mid 6 figures. i have the means, i just wanted adequate credit lines on my cards. this is the lowest i have. so i think im gonna place my CD's at anotheer institution, i get invited to wamu a lot by mail.

good luck
Message 16 of 20
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Montana - Do you have other Amex cards and what are your scores? That limit seems low yet, my very own bank of 15 yrs has only given me a new shiny SECURED 500 CL card. Ugh.... when I have so much other unsecured credit. But al of this happened after I applied with them, when my score was about 20 points lower... anyways, they'll graduate that card in time.

Montana,I've read your posts...but can't recall. Don't you have the Dr. degree ? Anyways, I think I read a bunch of great news from you recently.. yes?
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotagoal:

TU-689
EQ-657
EX-633

I am not a Dr. I run an investment firm. However with my income i have credit cards that are just too low in credit limit. Could it be because i purchased our home in san francisco with a check rather then applying for mortgage? i don't know but I think $500 is about what i would spend for an hour of exotic dancer in my office. lol
I do not have any other AMEX cards, however i am AU on gold amex at my firm.
Experian reports me as having a credit only for the last 6 month and that's where BOA AMEX pulls from. They said that they looked at all 3 at the time but it' not true. i just checked at truecredit.com Anyway, I think i am going to take my and my family's CD's to another bank. maybe wamu, who gave me $2,500 credit card on the spot at the time of opening a new account. ( I never banked at wamu before ) 

Good luck all.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE :
I called the BOFA today ( they ran an inquiry this morning on me with TU  - my best scroe of all 3 ) and they upped the limit on my BOFA AMEX Rewards to  a $1,000. So I guess it's been worth the phone calls I made to BOFA.
Thanks to all who reads and replies to my posts.

I also got APPROVED for $2,000 limit AMEX GOLD DELTA today.

They said at BOFA that it's their own money they put up for the limit and not the AMEX. Hence the tight lending standards.

Message Edited by montana on 08-29-2007 03:44 PM
Message 19 of 20
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the AMEX Delta as well..  You're on fire today!!Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.