Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ameriprise amex card

tag
Kenro
Regular Contributor

ameriprise amex card

Recently been approved for amex platinum ameriprise without actually holding an ameriprise account...

Anyone had their accounts shut down after approval due to not having Amereprise account??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ameriprise amex card

Wow, didn't know Ameriprise still have their credit card. Worked for them 4 years ago and they were in the process of getting rid of all their credit cards due to low applications.

Message 2 of 4
jsucool76
Super Contributor

It's not an ameriprise credit card. It's an amex platinum card specifically for ameriprise clients. Usually offered with a waived first year AF, and either a very minimal or no signup bonus. (highest I've seen was 25k MR i think)

Haven't heard of anyone getting shut down this way, have known many people to apply this way for the waived AF without being ameriprise clients.
Message 3 of 4
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, didn't know Ameriprise still have their credit card. Worked for them 4 years ago and they were in the process of getting rid of all their credit cards due to low applications.

https://www.ameriprise.com/products-services/cash-cards-lending/credit-cards/

Many moons ago, I seem to recall them offering a card at 4.25% V or thereabouts, plus an annual fee...apparently they are no longer offering that particular product, but it was very popular some years ago I think on another credit card forum whose specific name I won't here, due to the forum TOS.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.