Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex 14day screen

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex 14day screen

my credit history is new I got my first cc a cap1 secured last spring and have been building my credit then I got two cap1 platinums and just recently got a chase feedom and barclay rewards. no late payments credit util at around 22%. 14 inquiries TU. I think my credit lenght might be the issue but heck I went for the submit button I was riding on a high after getting my freedom card. btw most of my inquiries are from last spring when I kept applying for cc with no clue on what credit was or how it worked.

Message 11 of 18
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

my credit history is new I got my first cc a cap1 secured last spring and have been building my credit then I got two cap1 platinums and just recently got a chase feedom and barclay rewards. no late payments credit util at around 22%. 14 inquiries TU. I think my credit lenght might be the issue but heck I went for the submit button I was riding on a high after getting my freedom card. btw most of my inquiries are from last spring when I kept applying for cc with no clue on what credit was or how it worked.

AMEX pulls from EX. Is there anything on there that they may not like? What's your score on EX, that's the important one

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

my fico is 668, I tu 668 and eq 688. I though I would go for  it since I just got approved for my chase freedom

Are those actual Fico scores, or are you getting them from Credit Karma?

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

not sure on my ex score but I dont have any negative marks or late payments 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my tu and eq from ck and fico is actually 674 from my barclay rewards card site

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recieved an email confirming recon is in progress. i hate this waiting game.

Message 16 of 18
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Recon is unlikely with AmEx unless there's an error on your report as stated above.

@taxi818 wrote:

That is strange. Your scores within range

It's never just about score.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is interesting. Of course, CK uses FAKOs, so you need to take anything from them with a gigantic grain of salt. They are great for monitoring your report, but less so for actual scores. That said, you are new to credit, so the AAoA bug shouldn't affect you, as you have no closed accounts. Perhaps the Vantage3 model looks more favorably on you than the EX FICO. 

AMEX and Chase may use different models, in addition to different CRAs. I'm curious if all of your CCs are reporting to all of the agencies. Wait and see if you are declined. Once declined, I think you're entitled to a free credit report that doesn't count against your 1 per year. That might help shed some light on things. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.