Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex 3cl hard pull if denial?

tag
Lebronjames20
Established Member

amex 3cl hard pull if denial?

hi quick question

If you get denied for the 3xcl will it be  a hard pull? or a success is soft and failure a soft. and the soft pul wont be a new one it will be the last soft pull they did. how can you find out when was the last sp?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: amex 3cl hard pull if denial?

I'm pretty sure it would still be a SP either way. Nothing to lose. You're thinking more of getting approved for a new Amex and how they do a HP when that happens and a SP if you get denied.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lebronjames20 wrote:

hi quick question

If you get denied for the 3xcl will it be  a hard pull? or a success is soft and failure a soft. and the soft pul wont be a new one it will be the last soft pull they did. how can you find out when was the last sp?

If you get denied for the 3xcl will it be  a hard pull? - No, still SP

The soft pull wont be a new one it will be the last soft pull they did. - I believe this is a yes but not absolutely certain

How can you find out when was the last sp? - Not sure about anyone else but I login to Experians site directly and browse through the information weekly using my report #.

Message 3 of 6
Lebronjames20
Established Member

Thank you!!

Message 4 of 6
Lebronjames20
Established Member

thanks pal!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lebronjames20 wrote:

hi quick question

The soft pull wont be a new one it will be the last soft pull they did. - I believe this is a yes but not absolutely certain

How can you find out when was the last sp? - Not sure about anyone else but I login to Experians site directly and browse through the information weekly using my report #.

Message 5 of 6
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lebronjames20 wrote:

hi quick question

yes. it will be sp. but not right then and there when you ask for cli. it will be the last sp they did on you. could even be a month before you ask for cli.

The only way to see your softpulls from experian. is on experian in inquiries. it will not show it at first. but you will have to pretend there is something you want to dispute on your report. it will then open up and let you pick what you think in not correct. from there you will be able to see the softpulls. then you can just cancel the dispute.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.