Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex 61 days mark??? what to do ??

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

amex 61 days mark??? what to do ??

So I was approved for delta gold  on 11-1-12 and BCP on 11-3-12......I want to ask for the 61 day CLI ...I think it would be best to put it on the BCP to move it to 6000 from 2000 or should I try to get 10000 on the Delta (at 5000 CL)

Also I know the ?? has been asked a bunch.....Should I try for it now or wait till maybe middle of the month to be sure??

Not sure when there last soft pull was on me ....at  about 18 % total utilty with $30.00 balance on BCP and 0 bal on Delta

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
adavis425
Established Contributor

Re: amex 61 days mark??? what to do ??

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

So I was approved for delta gold  on 11-1-12 and BCP on 11-3-12......I want to ask for the 61 day CLI ...I think it would be best to put it on the BCP to move it to 6000 from 2000 or should I try to get 10000 on the Delta (at 5000 CL)

Also I know the ?? has been asked a bunch.....Should I try for it now or wait till maybe middle of the month to be sure??

Not sure when there last soft pull was on me ....at  about 18 % total utilty with $30.00 balance on BCP and 0 bal on Delta

I would go for the Delta Gold. Why not go for the whole $15,000? Nerves? If you're certain of the dates, why wait? Even if you decided to do BCP, I don't think the balance or util will work against you. I had 12% util and a $300 balance on my DG when I successfully did my 3x cli. HTH. Good luck ! Smiley Tongue

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 2 of 15
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

You should ask on the delta and ask for 15k. They do counter if they can't give you the full amount. You can then move a portion of your Delta credit to the BCP (easy to do).

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 3 of 15
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

You should ask on the delta and ask for 15k. They do counter if they can't give you the full amount. You can then move a portion of your Delta credit to the BCP (easy to do).

how long do you have to wait before you move some of one credit line to another??

Message 4 of 15
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

pulled the trigger....got the 7 to 10 day message .....i guess its a no go

Message 5 of 15
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

went to link.....said it was declined due to no increases being allowed within 60 days  since opening account....how long do I have to wait to ask again.....Do I have to wait 6 months??

Message 6 of 15
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

went to link.....said it was declined due to no increases being allowed within 60 days  since opening account....how long do I have to wait to ask again.....Do I have to wait 6 months??

I just called rep......He gave me a date of 1-6-13 to try again .....Is this ok??  Will it get kicked back again since I tried already??

Message 7 of 15
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/BCP-61-days-3x-CLI-oops-not-yet/m-p/1765214/highlight/t...

Hope this helps!

This is by far the most discussed topic on the forum. A little searching goes a long way. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 8 of 15
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 9 of 15
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

I just called rep......He gave me a date of 1-6-13 to try again .....Is this ok??  Will it get kicked back again since I tried already??

Hit love button today for 3 x's cl.......countered with 6500 total cl...better that nothing i guess.....will try again in 6 months for CLI on BCP......

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.