Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex AF waived for 60+ customers?

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

amex AF waived for 60+ customers?

i spoke with this lady about her amex green card, and i told her to get a blue card as their is no annual fee... well she told me that her amex green af was permanently waived, as she was 60+ and this is what they do for 60+ customers. is this true or is this what they do for card holders that have been consistent with them for many years?

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Re: amex AF waived for 60+ customers?

Nope, completely incorrect information.  I am over 60 and have been a continuous member since 1980 (32 years total), extensive use and never missed paying the bills on time.  When my AMEX Gold Card came due earlier this year I called and asked if they would waive the fee because of my loyalty.  Rep. was sympathetic but said he couldn't do it.  Maybe other people have had better luck, but AMEX doesn't excuse fees as a general rule.  Either this woman was blowing smoke, or her husband was paying the fee and she didn't know it.

Message 2 of 3
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Re: amex AF waived for 60+ customers?

@Watchmann wrote:

Nope, completely incorrect information.  I am over 60 and have been a continuous member since 1980 (32 years total), extensive use and never missed paying the bills on time.  When my AMEX Gold Card came due earlier this year I called and asked if they would waive the fee because of my loyalty.  Rep. was sympathetic but said he couldn't do it.  Maybe other people have had better luck, but AMEX doesn't excuse fees as a general rule.  Either this woman was blowing smoke, or her husband was paying the fee and she didn't know it.

ty for the prompt reply. i did sort of feel she was trying to oneup me.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.