Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex CL consolidation?

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

amex CL consolidation?

Just wondering what the process is with amex for consolidation, I use my spg regularly, bce not so much. I called last week and asked to move the CL, the agent said it was no problem, and would be completed and a letter would be sent. Well checking my account today, both are still open and both CL's are intact.

Just wondering what the process is, and why they would send a letter. I asked for confirmation that credit will not be pulled and had an assurance that she had checked with her sup.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: amex CL consolidation?

To move CL's with Amex, the from account has to be opened for 13 months and the to account +60 days.  The letter would be a confirmation of your request. 

Message 2 of 4
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

That 13 months is an important rule to follow. I prematurely requested it and the CSR was oblivious and still processed the request which was obviously declined.
Message 3 of 4
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

@B335is wrote:
That 13 months is an important rule to follow. I prematurely requested it and the CSR was oblivious and still processed the request which was obviously declined.

Thank you, the csr I spoke with must have not known about this as well. My account will reach the 13mos in June.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.