Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex Gold changes finally up!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex Gold changes finally up!

The Gold card is only useful for me if I use the AMEX offers.  So far this calendar year, I have saved $110 in AMEX offers. 

-$20 to spend $20 or more at Sam's Club

-$20 to spend $20 or more at Amazon

-$5 to spends $5 or more at Itunes

-3x $10 to pay $75+ Verizon bill

-$10 off a $75 or more spend at Whole Foods

-$5 off $10 or more spend at Fedex Office

-$20 off a $100 order at CitySports.com

Plus a little over 1,000 points, which I guess is good for a $10 gift card.  By the end of the year it should be enough to cover the cost of the card and a little more.  Still, I know it's going to be hard to click that "make payment" icon when the AF comes up.  Still, I love the way it looks in my wallet. 

Message 11 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Surprised they are actually offering me 25k offer, not the 50k offer by incognito mode, but suprised none the less.. Only if backdating still existed I would be applying the legit way.

I'm still seeing the 50k offer in incognito. Are you going to the plain URL ending "premier-rewards-gold/" or is there more?

Ya the 25k offer is just showing if logged into account.. Just never been offereed anything logged into account, If I did Incognito I can get the 50k offer..  Just finally got some kinda of offer was the point of the postSmiley Happy..  I don't even know if the 50k offer would make me jump anymore with backdating gone..   I prefer to be targeted vs. having to trick the system, but if I ever need to 50k mr miles, I certainly know how to do it...  Still over 5-6 years of AAoA so not devasted yet, although the new accounts are starting to take a small impact on AAoA.

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The Gold card is only useful for me if I use the AMEX offers.  So far this calendar year, I have saved $110 in AMEX offers. 

-$20 to spend $20 or more at Sam's Club

-$20 to spend $20 or more at Amazon

-$5 to spends $5 or more at Itunes

-3x $10 to pay $75+ Verizon bill

-$10 off a $75 or more spend at Whole Foods

-$5 off $10 or more spend at Fedex Office

-$20 off a $100 order at CitySports.com

Plus a little over 1,000 points, which I guess is good for a $10 gift card.  By the end of the year it should be enough to cover the cost of the card and a little more.  Still, I know it's going to be hard to click that "make payment" icon when the AF comes up.  Still, I love the way it looks in my wallet. 

Yep same here, i just like the shiny look of the Gold card. I had bad credit for such a long time that I would have only dreamed of having a Gold card. 

So now that i have it i dont mind paying $160 AF for it. Dont exactly want to be held to a $195 AF although there is a $100 airline credit that ppl say you can use for gift card but then again the Benefits & Terms contradict that.. 

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll tell you guys the surefire way to get the offer.  I downloaded a new browser (Mozilla) and it was there the first try.  Obviously don't log in to your AMEX account on the new browser first.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, I just found out about the changes to the gold card to include 2x dining and airfare. and I'm still only paying a $55 annual fee for my senior Gold Card! I knew I kept it around for a reason. Wish they had implemented those changes a couple months ago before i went for a csp

Message 15 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys, I just found out about the changes to the gold card to include 2x dining and airfare. and I'm still only paying a $55 annual fee for my senior Gold Card! I knew I kept it around for a reason. Wish they had implemented those changes a couple months ago before i went for a csp

nice lucky if you are grandfathered as the senior isn't available anymore to my understanding.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh really? I wonder when they cut it.
I got mine last year. You can't apply for them but if you have held your charge card for 1 year a rep might be nice and PC you to one. Thats what I did from my green card that i got in 2013.

Message 17 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh really? I wonder when they cut it.
I got mine last year. You can't apply for them but if you have held your charge card for 1 year a rep might be nice and PC you to one. Thats what I did from my green card that i got in 2013.

Ya how it use to be.. Believe you can't downgrade even after a year anymore, I could be wrong.. Could of sworn that is what I read a few months ago.. I have been known to be wrong though on multiple occasions.

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just want to PC to the Zync with a few packs lol

Message 19 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i just want to PC to the Zync with a few packs lol

I want a zync just for the asthetics. Such a nice looking card. 

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.