Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex SPG "in progress"

tag
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

amex SPG "in progress"

I was bored lastnight and noticed that it had been more than 31 days since i was denied for the SPG so decided to app again and instant message of "in progress". Has anyone gotten this message and then been approved? How long did it take to get an amswer? I really want this card! Thanks
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: amex SPG "in progress"

Keep checking the Amex Application Status often the system is just a little back logged and the proccessing takes longer than the amount of time alloted so they give that message. I got something simular with my Zync card, Mine was approved a few minutes later, others have had it take a day or more.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 38
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:
I was bored lastnight and noticed that it had been more than 31 days since i was denied for the SPG so decided to app again and instant message of "in progress". Has anyone gotten this message and then been approved? How long did it take to get an amswer? I really want this card! Thanks

I posted quite a bit about my experience in another thread: S!P!G! DONE!!!!!

AMEX revolvers are VERY hard to get in the first place and then this one is considered one of their top cards. Just be sure that you hve fixed as much as you possibly can in your history and perhaps start with a Blue card. Burning inquiries for a card like this may inhibit you from obtaining several other valuable lines that can also serve you well.

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 3 of 38
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

@credited i already have 3 other amex cards including a BCE. So if denied it'll be a soft pull but i really want this card!! I know you got it recently, have you received it already??
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 4 of 38
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:
@CreditEd i already have 3 other amex cards including a BCE. So if denied it'll be a soft pull but i really want this card!! I know you got it recently, have you received it already??

This past Saturday morning and I know the feeling... I also have a Plat that I'd upgraded from Gold so I've been with them for abit. I will tell you that it took them quite some time to even say that I was originally denied. Be ready to mount a serious and credible recon effort rather than app'ing constantly. As of now I don't see a second pull as a result of my recon a fully month later than my original app.

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 5 of 38
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

@credited how is the color in person?? I never seen one in person but i really like the design of that card. Last time i apped was an instant declined. I keep checking but says in progress still ugh!
Message 6 of 38
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Declined again lol ahh too many new accounts reson for denial. I need to garden!
Message 7 of 38
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:
@CreditEd how is the color in person?? I never seen one in person but i really like the design of that card. Last time i apped was an instant declined. I keep checking but says in progress still ugh!

I'll be frank with you. Don't get caught up in the hype. I wanted this card so bad it hurt. I'd convinced myself that since I was a Plat customer and b/c I'd been doing so much cleanup work that AMESX "owes" me this card??? I wanted to to serve as a symbol of all the work that I'd been doing the past couple years and thus the ainxiety grew daily.

Truth be told the Hilton revolver would have better suited me b/c I stay at a Hilton Hotel at least once/month. But... it wouldn't have satisfied all the internal presure that I built up.

The card is BEAUTIFUL burgendy with a Platinum border around the edges. I actually wipe it down from time to time to get the fingerprints off of it.

On denials. AMEX pulls EX almost exclusively and has an ownership or at least very close relationship with EX so I would imaging that even SPs are tracked and logged as part of your history consideration.

Mind posting your scores? I don't think that anything under 700 will cut it.

Message 8 of 38
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@CreditEd wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:
@CreditEd how is the color in person?? I never seen one in person but i really like the design of that card. Last time i apped was an instant declined. I keep checking but says in progress still ugh!

I'll be frank with you. Don't get caught up in the hype. I wanted this card so bad it hurt. I'd convinced myself that since I was a Plat customer and b/c I'd been doing so much cleanup work that AMESX "owes" me this card??? I wanted to to serve as a symbol of all the work that I'd been doing the past couple years and thus the ainxiety grew daily.

Truth be told the Hilton revolver would have better suited me b/c I stay at a Hilton Hotel at least once/month. But... it wouldn't have satisfied all the internal presure that I built up.

The card is BEAUTIFUL burgendy with a Platinum border around the edges. I actually wipe it down from time to time to get the fingerprints off of it.

On denials. AMEX pulls EX almost exclusively and has an ownership or at least very close relationship with EX so I would imaging that even SPs are tracked and logged as part of your history consideration.

+1

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 9 of 38
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@CreditEd wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

+1...I think it requires a minimum 700 fico, and decent income.

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.