Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex annual fee 900!!

tag
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: amex annual fee 900!!

@SantaMar wrote:

they are busniess cards.  but they have three authorized user cards under the "main" card holder.  thats the way its been set up years ago and thats the way we have always used them.  three cards at 300 a year?!  alot....i see people opening cards with 10k limits, zero apr and no annual fees.  our business credit cards never reach half of that.  i understand that example is for a  personal card for some poeple with incomes around 60-70k a year.  but we are a business that employes 4 full time people.  and another 4 part timers. 

Just open a Business Gold card, 125/year for up to 5 users, and the same NPSL you are used to....

problem solved!

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 11 of 29
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

You might get more help on this subject in the business credit forum.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 12 of 29
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Go see Chase. Bring bills from AMEX and be prepared to discuss details. They have a NPSL Ink card called BOLD. That's what you want. All authorized user cards are FREE. The fee for the BOLD is $95 per year. That's a great savings alone. $95 < $900. 

Edit - I was on a call when I typed this reply. I see you have many more questions that need answering. Let's see if the mods move this one to business credit (they should). You will see a smaller audience but get more direct answers. I can work you thru all of the Chase hurdles, can't discuss other banks as I only have business cards thru AMEX and Chase. 

I will try to post more later tonight, answer some of your other questions. While I am away please let us know of you have a Chase bank where you live or work. It would be a huge help but you can do without one if needed. You are prime Chase customer and they will treat you right and save you money. 

Message 13 of 29
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@SantaMar wrote:

i hope mods dont move this.  our family business has a trade line with amex.  there are three cards connected to the account.  we have had the account open with amex for over 15 years.  we charge anywhere from 2k-5k a month.  we dont have a CL but we have to pay in full every month.  we never run balance. 

i just got our bill and one of the cards has a 300 annual fee due with our next payment.  one card has little activity.  my card pushes at 70% activity and the third card pushes maybe 30% activity.  regardless, we are getting charged 300/card/year.  $900 a year in annual fees!!?!?  i dont like this.  with help of this forum i have built my personal credit up...now i need to shop for business credit...

our family business has been around for 30 years.  amex customer for 15-20.  should i call amex and see if there are other products in their inventory that will work for us?  something without an annual fee?  how do you apply for business credit?   if i wanted to abandon amex for idk wells fargo visa, do i just call and give my tax id number?  do they need corporate returns?  what should i expect?  what should i do?  there must be alot of companies that would love our business....we swipe alot!

Guess I'm confused by all this.  Just to make sure I understand this...

You've had the account for many years, and no or minimal individual fees for the cards.  Now all of sudden this year, you're being assessed a fee for each card, for the total of $900??   When you set up the accounts 15 years ago, were there fees on the cards?

If that's the situation, then I would also be very upset, to have no fees/ or at least only one $300 fee for all cards versus $900 for all cards.  I agree with the others, give AMEX a call and see what they have to say. 

Message 14 of 29
SantaMar
Regular Contributor

honestly, i think the fees have been there all along, however, now im just disgusted with the fees. before i wasnt as much of a player within the accounting side of things. i was more of a day to day manager of daily activities. after i have been exposed to this board and i have been able to understand credit better on my personal side, i figure i would come to this forum and seek advice. i know there are credit cards companies that would like to do business with us...i think so at least. i can send over history with amex if that helps. we dont have a limit with amex and i never charge more then 2500 a month. (i have more available personal credit! ) im not much of a rewards junky, in the past two years i amassed 45k points with amex..we dont rely heavily on our business charge card but i would like to have one without any fees!!!! assuming i wanted to just throw out some apps to chase or wells...what would i be asked? tax id? personal social security number? any corporate tax returns? how long would the app process take and what actually is the difference between apps with a business opposed to personal side??
Message 15 of 29
Dustink
Valued Contributor

You seem to be ignoring everyone. AMEX can help, just call them. They have no fee products, if that is what you want. 

BUt if you want to apply with other banks, go for it. Just fill out the business card apps, tax ID should be sufficient.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 16 of 29
android01
Valued Contributor

I can undserstand the OP's frustration.  I am the main holder of a Business Amex that has (3) platininum and (8) gold authorized users.  i pay a boatload in annual fees, but the fact that I can charge $1,000 one month and over $200,000 the next month is invaluable to my company, as this frequently happens.  AMEX is very business orineted, IMO, and it's difficult to get a Visa or Mastercard that will give me the hard limits I need from time to time.  I use all of the points I get on the Platinum Business cards to get my employees AMEX gift (cash) cards for Christmas.  AMEX does not report my business card on my personal CR which is always a plus in my mind.  They understand the difference between personal and business credit (they do report to Dun and Bradstreet under my business's name).  Amex has been a good partner to my business, and I wouldn't change a thing - regardless of the AF.     

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 17 of 29
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@android01 wrote:

I can undserstand the OP's frustration.  I am the main holder of a Business Amex that has (3) platininum and (8) gold authorized users.  i pay a boatload in innual fees, but the fact that I can charge $1,000 one month and over $200,000 the next month is invaluable to my company, as this frequently happens.  AMEX is very business orineted, IMO, and it's difficult to get a Visa or Mastercard that will give me the hard limits I need from time to time.  I use all of the points I get on the Platinum Business cards to get my employees AMEX gift (cash) cards for Christmas.  AMEX does not report my business card on my personal CR which is always a plus in my mind.  They understand the difference between personal and business credit (they do report to Dun and Bradstreet under my business's name).  Amex has been a good partner to my business, and I wouldn't change a thing - regardless of the AF.     

This was the point I was trying to get it earlier.  Chase is getting better as they try to copy the amex style of business or small businesses, but there is no replacng AMEX 

We also have a platinum business account and what we did to get rid of all the annual fees is open a delta skymiles platinum business account and gave our employees who only charge expenses a card on that account, amex gave us a reduced af on that account (95 vs 150) and there are no extra fees for AUs

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 18 of 29
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

They will waive the fees if you do a PC

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 19 of 29
android01
Valued Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

@android01 wrote:

I can undserstand the OP's frustration.  I am the main holder of a Business Amex that has (3) platininum and (8) gold authorized users.  i pay a boatload in innual fees, but the fact that I can charge $1,000 one month and over $200,000 the next month is invaluable to my company, as this frequently happens.  AMEX is very business orineted, IMO, and it's difficult to get a Visa or Mastercard that will give me the hard limits I need from time to time.  I use all of the points I get on the Platinum Business cards to get my employees AMEX gift (cash) cards for Christmas.  AMEX does not report my business card on my personal CR which is always a plus in my mind.  They understand the difference between personal and business credit (they do report to Dun and Bradstreet under my business's name).  Amex has been a good partner to my business, and I wouldn't change a thing - regardless of the AF.     

This was the point I was trying to get it earlier.  Chase is getting better as they try to copy the amex style of business or small businesses, but there is no replacng AMEX 

We also have a platinum business account and what we did to get rid of all the annual fees is open a delta skymiles platinum business account and gave our employees who only charge expenses a card on that account, amex gave us a reduced af on that account (95 vs 150) and there are no extra fees for AUs

That's really good to know.  Thanks! Although I'm very happy with AMEX, I'm all about saving money.  I'll look into your suggestion.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.