Did you mean: 

amex annual fee 900!!

tag
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: amex annual fee 900!!

@CredittotheMax wrote:

They will waive the fees if you do a PC

How do you know that? no one even knows what type of account this guy has....  not all amex accounts can be PC'd

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 21 of 29
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@android01 wrote:

I can undserstand the OP's frustration.  I am the main holder of a Business Amex that has (3) platininum and (8) gold authorized users.  i pay a boatload in innual fees, but the fact that I can charge $1,000 one month and over $200,000 the next month is invaluable to my company, as this frequently happens.  AMEX is very business orineted, IMO, and it's difficult to get a Visa or Mastercard that will give me the hard limits I need from time to time.  I use all of the points I get on the Platinum Business cards to get my employees AMEX gift (cash) cards for Christmas.  AMEX does not report my business card on my personal CR which is always a plus in my mind.  They understand the difference between personal and business credit (they do report to Dun and Bradstreet under my business's name).  Amex has been a good partner to my business, and I wouldn't change a thing - regardless of the AF.     

This was the point I was trying to get it earlier.  Chase is getting better as they try to copy the amex style of business or small businesses, but there is no replacng AMEX 

We also have a platinum business account and what we did to get rid of all the annual fees is open a delta skymiles platinum business account and gave our employees who only charge expenses a card on that account, amex gave us a reduced af on that account (95 vs 150) and there are no extra fees for AUs

That's really good to know.  Thanks! Although I'm very happy with AMEX, I'm all about saving money.  I'll look into your suggestion.  

No doubt, this made it easier for us to keep track of expenses also. We use our skymiles account for businesses expenses (gas for company trucks, hotels, eta) and use our platinum account for vendors so we still have the NPSL for our changing needs.  just like you we might charge 1k one month and 100k the next so this really helps.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 22 of 29
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Check in to the Chase Ink? /shrug

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 23 of 29
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@SantaMar wrote:
honestly, i think the fees have been there all along, however, now im just disgusted with the fees. before i wasnt as much of a player within the accounting side of things. i was more of a day to day manager of daily activities. after i have been exposed to this board and i have been able to understand credit better on my personal side, i figure i would come to this forum and seek advice. i know there are credit cards companies that would like to do business with us...i think so at least. i can send over history with amex if that helps. we dont have a limit with amex and i never charge more then 2500 a month. (i have more available personal credit! ) im not much of a rewards junky, in the past two years i amassed 45k points with amex..we dont rely heavily on our business charge card but i would like to have one without any fees!!!! assuming i wanted to just throw out some apps to chase or wells...what would i be asked? tax id? personal social security number? any corporate tax returns? how long would the app process take and what actually is the difference between apps with a business opposed to personal side??

Don't think about a personal card for business usage. That's not good. Some charges are OK but you have a business card now and need to get another business card.

I love AMEX but again, you are perfect for Chase and I love them too (more sometimes). They are a hungry player in the business credit card market. Here is what you need to do:

1. Go to Chase web site and look at this card. This is the best business card on the market - period. It's $95 per year and that includes primary card plus as many users as you want to give cards. All AU (authorized users) are free. No fees at all. You control the amount of spend they have and it's simple to adjust. I add cards and change spending limits all the time. I simply call the number on the back of my card and a real person answers the phone and does what I need done. It's refreshing. 

The Ink Bold is a NPSL card (no preset spending limit) just like AMEX so it can grow and adjust as you need it to do so. What's better is they tell you what the internal limit is when you get the card and it's TEMPORARY. Mine was $10,000 from day one and when I need more I call the number on the back of the card and ask them if I can spend $15,000 today. Never declined during the call. I have not asked what my new internal limit is now (and I don't care as long as I can run my business hitch free). 

This card is due in full monthly - just like AMEX charge products. Typical 20-25 day grace once billing cycle ends and they send you bill. Just pay it in full and you are good. 

You still earn points, these are called UR points and they are WAY BETTER than AMEX MR points. Earn some and get yourself something nice from the company, ok? You will get a 50,000 point bonus after spending $5,000 in 3 months. 

2. Once you decide that you like this card (you will trust me) you can apply online or at a Chase branch. I would apply in a branch if you are near one as they will help you fill out the application. If you do in branch take a pile of old AMEX statements and casually show the person what you spend on average. They will accommodate you. 

You will need Federal ID number, your business address, estimated gross sales, type of business, how long in business etc. Simple things you can answer off the top of your head (except Federal ID number). Chase does not require proof of business income. I have never been asked for tax returns, that's an AMEX thing. With Chase don't sweat it. 

You will need your SSN as they want a personal guarantee for the card. Relax, it's no big deal. Yes they check your credit and pull the business credit as well. Here is the good thing, like AMEX once you apply and they do a HP (hard pull on your credit) it never reports to your credit line again - ever. 

3. Once you apply (online or in person) you will likely get a 7-10 day message. This is normal. They want time to look up stuff and make a decision. You will not give them that time. You will call 888-270-2127 (App recon) or 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons) and talk to the nice people who can rush it thru for you. The process is called a recon (or reconsideration) and you are asking them to manually look at the application and approve it. They will put you on with a business analyst who will ask you same questions as on application (print it out before you submit it) and some more detailed questions. Again relax, it's casual you just need to sell them on your business. Likely approval in one day or less. 

They will send the card 2 or 3 day express so you will have it quickly. All of the cards (main plus other users) will come same day if you request them on application. No SSN for users needed. If they ask just politely decline. It does not matter to Chase. 

That's it. SImple. Easy. Done. 

Or you can call AMEX and downgrade your cards to a lower fee card. Perhaps you drop all AU and keep just one card to keep the account active and alive. Business green card has very low fees and if you got that you keep your points and card number. 

Hope this helps. 

Message 24 of 29
swpopham
Established Contributor

i will 2x this. Chase has been the best thing for our business. I still have my amex prg card just to make them mad... .Thats the only reason. Chase is great to deal the ink bold is a charge card with no preset limit, they will tell you 10k inital ablity or some number. Ive never had the card declined. The ink plus is the card we now have because its a revolver and I do use it to finance big purchases. My last trailer that I bought I put it on a 18 month 0% payment plan. Cant beat it.

Plus its all american customer service there is no press 1 for english or 2 for spanish crap.

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 25 of 29
winner88
Contributor

Great writeup, for the most part. Value of a CC or Airline mile is subjective. My MR is definitely worth MORE  than my UR. Infact, If you neither fly United, nor stay at Hyatt UR is just mediocre at best.
I would have suggested AmEX plum (2 get 2 full months to pay instead of 14 days) in addition to the Business Gold but since OP only charge $5,000 a month, Chase Ink Bold is actually a better option. 
AmEX is better if you sped more .. I can charge $40k on my business platinum without the need to call someone for preapproval. 

@scenery_guy wrote:

@SantaMar wrote:

This card is due in full monthly - just like AMEX charge products. Typical 20-25 day grace once billing cycle ends and they send you bill. Just pay it in full and you are good. 

You still earn points, these are called UR points and they are WAY BETTER than AMEX MR points. Earn some and get yourself something nice from the company, ok? You will get a 50,000 point bonus after spending $5,000 in 3 months. 

2. Once you decide that you like this card (you will trust me) you can apply online or at a Chase branch. I would apply in a branch if you are near one as they will help you fill out the application. If you do in branch take a pile of old AMEX statements and casually show the person what you spend on average. They will accommodate you. 

You will need Federal ID number, your business address, estimated gross sales, type of business, how long in business etc. Simple things you can answer off the top of your head (except Federal ID number). Chase does not require proof of business income. I have never been asked for tax returns, that's an AMEX thing. With Chase don't sweat it. 

You will need your SSN as they want a personal guarantee for the card. Relax, it's no big deal. Yes they check your credit and pull the business credit as well. Here is the good thing, like AMEX once you apply and they do a HP (hard pull on your credit) it never reports to your credit line again - ever. 

3. Once you apply (online or in person) you will likely get a 7-10 day message. This is normal. They want time to look up stuff and make a decision. You will not give them that time. You will call 888-270-2127 (App recon) or 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons) and talk to the nice people who can rush it thru for you. The process is called a recon (or reconsideration) and you are asking them to manually look at the application and approve it. They will put you on with a business analyst who will ask you same questions as on application (print it out before you submit it) and some more detailed questions. Again relax, it's casual you just need to sell them on your business. Likely approval in one day or less. 

They will send the card 2 or 3 day express so you will have it quickly. All of the cards (main plus other users) will come same day if you request them on application. No SSN for users needed. If they ask just politely decline. It does not matter to Chase. 

Or you can call AMEX and downgrade your cards to a lower fee card. Perhaps you drop all AU and keep just one card to keep the account active and alive. Business green card has very low fees and if you got that you keep your points and card number. 

Hope this helps. 

EQ 772
TU 764
Message 26 of 29
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@winner88 wrote:
Great writeup, for the most part. Value of a CC or Airline mile is subjective. My MR is definitely worth MORE  than my UR. Infact, If you neither fly United, nor stay at Hyatt UR is just mediocre at best.
I would have suggested AmEX plum (2 get 2 full months to pay instead of 14 days) in addition to the Business Gold but since OP only charge $5,000 a month, Chase Ink Bold is actually a better option. 
AmEX is better if you sped more .. I can charge $40k on my business platinum without the need to call someone for preapproval. 

@scenery_guy wrote:

@SantaMar wrote:

Hope this helps. 

While that is the opinion of many, in reality the value of MR Vs UR is highly dependent on your travel partners.  For people such as myself which have to drive 2+ hrs to fly united and less than 5 minutes to fly delta or american, MR points have a better value.

Message 27 of 29
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

@winner88 wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

@SantaMar wrote:

Hope this helps. 

While that is the opinion of many, in reality the value of MR Vs UR is highly dependent on your travel partners.  For people such as myself which have to drive 2+ hrs to fly united and less than 5 minutes to fly delta or american, MR points have a better value.

Relax bro. I'm a life long Delta flyer. I'm used to getting screwed when I redeem miles or MR points. However the OP apparently does not care, he just wants to get away from $900 AF and I don't blame them. 

Message 28 of 29
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

I wasn't worked up at all, just stating my opinions.

I have listed multiple ways for him to get rid of te AFs and stay with AMEX above!

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.