Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex autopay

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

amex autopay

Thinking about signing up for my Amex to be automatically paid. Curious what everyone's experience is for those that have used Amex autopay.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: amex autopay

@purebulldogs500 wrote:
Thinking about signing up for my Amex to be automatically paid. Curious what everyone's experience is for those that have used Amex autopay.

Like every other autopay I have used (and all my cards are on autopay) it works fine.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good to know. 90% of the time im pay in full but figure I'll set it to at least do the min payment in case im out of town or forget(in my old age).
Message 3 of 10
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Love it. They give you the option of paying the bill like two weeks in advance after the statement comes out. So even though the bill is due around the 20th of the month they take it out the first of the month. I wish my other credit cards had that option, rather than just on the due date.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just set it up. I did the min payment 15 days after statement on my everyday card. I did minimum in case a charge more and want to take a few months to pay it off(still in 0% intro for another 12 months or so).
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 AMEX cards all on Autopay PIF at 15 days after statement date. I usually pay my bill right after the statement posts but if I miss it if I am traveling, I know the Autopay will pick it up. I use it as sort of a payment insurance.

Message 6 of 10
dpride86
Regular Contributor

i use Autopay with Amex and it works just like any other credit card.

-Current Score: TU 719 EQ 705 and EX 708 1-11-15
-My Goal: 740+ on all 3
-My wallet:
NFCU Cash Rewards 17k,Fidelity Amex 10.1k, QS 8k, DCU Visa Platinum 7.5k, Chase Freedom 7k, Penfed Promise 6.5k, Amex BCE 6k and Citi 5K.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did auto pay the min payment just incase I forgot or am sick or out of town, and then won't have any overdrafts from my bank. I actually pay off my balance on all my cards every saturday morning then my last statement will cut at about 5% on one card and the other two 0%. Thats my plan. I am a begginer though. 

Message 8 of 10
rlx01
Established Contributor

Same as every other autopay (except you can choose when it gets paid, rather than on the due date).

Everyone should have autopay on all their cards for minimum payment at least. Why risk a late for no reason?
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use it all the time just set at minimum incase I forget to PIF my card so there is no late or missed payment. Great feature and Amex lets you choose your date.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.