Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex blue cash everyday

tag
Feather_Hat
Established Member

amex blue cash everyday

hey guys , I app for amex blue cash everyday but got auto declined Smiley Sad I was wondering if I should call recon right away or wait for the letter to turn up than call recon... I know that amex recon is pretty strick so I am not expecting much but still wanna give it a bash..... thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: amex blue cash everyday

@Feather_Hat wrote:
hey guys , I app for amex blue cash everyday but got auto declined Smiley Sad I was wondering if I should call recon right away or wait for the letter to turn up than call recon... I know that amex recon is pretty strick so I am not expecting much but still wanna give it a bash..... thanks in advance!

Amex recons are handled differently from lenders such as Chase.  You would have to demonstrate that the cr they pulled was incorrect by faxing them your credit report.  They might pull another CB upon receipt of your request.  

Message 2 of 6
Feather_Hat
Established Member

thanks for reply. ouch...so basically if I dun get app through website, its no good.... Smiley Sad thats little sad. but would it still be worth a shot? and if I call, should I just say that I called to see why I got turned down?
Message 3 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Feather_Hat wrote:
thanks for reply. ouch...so basically if I dun get app through website, its no good.... Smiley Sad thats little sad. but would it still be worth a shot? and if I call, should I just say that I called to see why I got turned down?

There is an application status https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

It should provide the reasons for denial.  

You can call and ask them to do a manual review but if you want to be successful, you need to address why it was denied.  Amex doesn't recon with explanations as to why there might be too many inq's or new accounts for example.  They want to know if there was an error on the report they pulled, that's the only thing that can be reconned. 

Message 4 of 6
Feather_Hat
Established Member

thanks.again for.your.info..I catually tried that link but it keep tells me that it is not available yet. I guess I will wait for the letter. thabks again!
Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

@Feather_Hat wrote:

There is an application status https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

It should provide the reasons for denial.  

You can call and ask them to do a manual review but if you want to be successful, you need to address why it was denied.  Amex doesn't recon with explanations as to why there might be too many inq's or new accounts for example.  They want to know if there was an error on the report they pulled, that's the only thing that can be reconned. 

+1

I would heed Lexie's advice.  Unless there is anything that would be significantly relevant from your current CR versus what they pulled (albeit if you get yours within a week) there is nothing they will reconsider, slim to none at best. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.