Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Highlighted

amex blue cash -money back

Hi

I have blue cash ,used more than 6500$,but I think they don't calculate rebate as promised.

All the groceries that I buy in publix or windixe they calculate as others and not as groceries on which rebate 5%

Can you explain me what they calculate as groceries ? and how is the rebate being made

Moderator Emeritus

Re: amex blue cash -money back

Hello and welcome to the fora!

While I don't have any experience with the Amex Blue Cash, I am suggesting that you do a search for Amex Blue Cash and read a few threads on that card.  There are a few users who hold that one so you might have some luck in your search.

We're glad to have you here!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Regular Contributor

prehaps it is considered a "Wharehouse store"
Established Contributor

If you look at your statement/account activity online, you should be able to see what category those purchases are coded as. I'm guessing it's going to come up as something like a club/warehouse purchase, which wouldn't qualify for the higher rebate level. What does it say?
EQ: 723 / TU: 760 (August 2009)
Valued Member

My purchases from publix show up at 5% on my Amex.  I don't shop at windixie though so i can't help you there.  I'm almost at $200 from my cash back this year and I have until Feb Smiley Very Happy
Established Contributor

From my understanding from when i had a Delta card that gave 2x rewards on gas and groceries, it has to be a standalone grocery store like Safeway, Albertsons, Kroger, etc.  Super Walmart, Fred Meyer, Meijer's, Super Target (stores that sell clothes, groceries, home items, electronics, and grocery items) don't count.  But I would shop at them anyway because the stand alone grocery stores are generally more expensive and the cash back would not equal the savings from shopping at these stores.
FICO's: TU: 682 EX: 688 EQ: Unknown

In my wallet (strikethough are getting the axe soon): Amex Rewards Plus Gold | BECU: 10,000 | AlaskaUSA FCU: 6,900 | Citi Forward 6,500 | BOA Travel Rewards: 5,000 | US Bank Cash+: 5,000 | Merrick: 4,200 | Chase Freedom: 3,500 | Juniper: 3,100 | Household: 2,450 | Best Buy Reward Zone: 2,000 | Cap1: 1,500 | Cap1: 750 | Bailey's Furniture: 3,100 | Lowes: 4,500 | Care Credit: 2,000 | Zales: 1,400 | Kohls: 400 | Sam's: 5,200 | Walmart: 1,100 | Discover More: 1,000
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.