Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex blue cash -money back

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

amex blue cash -money back

Hi

I have blue cash ,used more than 6500$,but I think they don't calculate rebate as promised.

All the groceries that I buy in publix or windixe they calculate as others and not as groceries on which rebate 5%

Can you explain me what they calculate as groceries ? and how is the rebate being made

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: amex blue cash -money back

Hello and welcome to the fora!

While I don't have any experience with the Amex Blue Cash, I am suggesting that you do a search for Amex Blue Cash and read a few threads on that card.  There are a few users who hold that one so you might have some luck in your search.

We're glad to have you here!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

prehaps it is considered a "Wharehouse store"
Message 3 of 6
fevmlo
Established Contributor

If you look at your statement/account activity online, you should be able to see what category those purchases are coded as. I'm guessing it's going to come up as something like a club/warehouse purchase, which wouldn't qualify for the higher rebate level. What does it say?
EQ: 723 / TU: 760 (August 2009)
Message 4 of 6
karbon86
Valued Member

My purchases from publix show up at 5% on my Amex.  I don't shop at windixie though so i can't help you there.  I'm almost at $200 from my cash back this year and I have until Feb Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 6
heirophant
Established Contributor

From my understanding from when i had a Delta card that gave 2x rewards on gas and groceries, it has to be a standalone grocery store like Safeway, Albertsons, Kroger, etc.  Super Walmart, Fred Meyer, Meijer's, Super Target (stores that sell clothes, groceries, home items, electronics, and grocery items) don't count.  But I would shop at them anyway because the stand alone grocery stores are generally more expensive and the cash back would not equal the savings from shopping at these stores.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.