Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex blue cash preferred yes

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: amex blue cash preferred yes

@nissanaltimacrazyhorse wrote:

ok so close it if not needed, aaoa wont go down because of amex backdating correct?

Correct.

Message 11 of 19
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Backdating (only if you have a member since date of 2011 or earlier) and the fact that the closed bce will stay on your reports for the next 10 years, and thus continue to contribute to aaoa during that time

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 12 of 19
nissanaltimacrazyhorse
Established Member

yes been a member since october 2011, ill close it only downside is i think i have 6 bucks in cash back maybe they can transfer, hopefully they can give me more than 2k 

chase sapphire preferred 5k
capital one venture 5k
amex blue cash preferred 2.5k
chase freedom 500
amex premier reward npsl

trans union 705 goal 750
equifax 675 goal 750

Message 13 of 19
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!  It's the only credit card I have (I'm currently on a debt payment program for my 5 other cards), but it's the best cash back card around by far.

Message 14 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

While it won't affect your AAoA it may affect other lenders looking at your report from an underwriting perspective; and FICO does like to see long individual trade lines as well... It's not simply AAOA and aggregate CL one has to consider.

It's an easy no AF trade line to keep open indefinitely; personally I'd just take it with me once a month on some trivial expense to keep it active rather than simply closing it immediately. I think the fear of it's being fraudulently used isn't much of a concern: while it's more common than it once was, banks are much better at catching it early and not penalizing the consumer. There isn't much other downside to leaving it open in my opinion at least... I plan to do this with one or two cards even though virtually all of my planned use cards in the future have AF's.

        
Message 15 of 19
nissanaltimacrazyhorse
Established Member

jeez more indecison lol, i might just use it once or twice  every 6 months and keep it in the safe. If it gets closed because i forgot to use it so be it. I would like to have a 750 score in 2 1/2 years time so maybe i shouldn't close it to help my score. Also i don't want to piss amex off because im sure i want them for life. Platnium card is on the list in 2 years time. The banks have done a great job with fraud, my bank card got shut down because of a charge from the uk when i didn't answer the phone right away they shut it down. Kind of sucked had to wait  a week to get a new card but it save me money in the end.

chase sapphire preferred 5k
capital one venture 5k
amex blue cash preferred 2.5k
chase freedom 500
amex premier reward npsl

trans union 705 goal 750
equifax 675 goal 750

Message 16 of 19
annab

Ohhh! See you learn something new everyday! Smiley Happy sorry about that! I honestly thought closed accounts didn't contribute to age anymore.

That's interesting though, I didn't think it worked that way, then anybody could just apply and close accounts to add credit age? Weird!
Chase Marriott Premier $15k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $20k
AmEx BCE $15k | AmEx BCP $22k (AU)
Citi Dividend Plat $10.6k
CapOne Cash Rewards $7.5k
EX 791/ EQ 781/TU 781
Message 17 of 19
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Well..If the bce and bcp have 2 different statement dates, you can use the bce during the 2 weeks AFTER you pay your BCP and before the BCP statement cuts to help utilization... Smiley Tongue

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 18 of 19
RyVision
Valued Contributor

AMEX isn't known to close an unused account quickly if the member has other accounts.  They don't tend to mind the other open account not being used as they  see all accounts as one big account with multiple cards attached and CL divied  up.  You could probably SD that BCE for a  year with little worry of it being closed by them as long as there's usage on the BCP.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.