Did you mean: 

amex blue

tag
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: amex blue

scapegrace13 wrote:

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

Amex acts like they gave me a real CL and I act like I use it by charging 11.99/mo for Credit Secure.

OMG, Peas - you and me both!  Smiley Very Happy  My sentiments exactly, about them and my measly $1k CL.

Too funny. Smiley Happy

Yup Amex 1k TL will turn one year old in Sept.  I really need to decide if I want to keep this card and pay the AF.  Amex is my 2nd lowest TL out of 12 TLs (excluding AUs).

6k, 5k, 5k, 4.25k, 3k, 2.5k, 1.9k, 1.5k, 1.34k, 1.1k, 1k, 500
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel for you girls-

It took 6 months to get a CLI out them-

Message 12 of 23
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Timothy wrote:
I feel for you girls-

Braggart.  Pbbblt!  Smiley Very Happy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped for the Green before they gave me the CLI-

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

Timothy wrote:
I feel for you girls-

Braggart.  Pbbblt!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 23
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

templarklimek wrote:
AMEX is like the hot chick you want to date and put up with all her demands and drama. it's funny they just approved me for the switch to blue but last month denied a cli increase. I've pif every week for 4-5 months. lol. At the same time USAA has issued me two new cards for 5000 apiece. USAA is the nice girl who treats you well but you are still chasing the hottie(amex) who treats you badly. haha.

For me, Amex is the hottie who treats me well  Smiley Very Happy  It is my newest card and highest CL
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:

templarklimek wrote:
AMEX is like the hot chick you want to date and put up with all her demands and drama. it's funny they just approved me for the switch to blue but last month denied a cli increase. I've pif every week for 4-5 months. lol. At the same time USAA has issued me two new cards for 5000 apiece. USAA is the nice girl who treats you well but you are still chasing the hottie(amex) who treats you badly. haha.

For me, Amex is the hottie who treats me well  Smiley Very Happy  It is my newest card and highest CL

Yet you still won't take her out in public.

Message 16 of 23
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

cheddar wrote:

MidnightVoice wrote:

templarklimek wrote:

Yet you still won't take her out in public.

I don't want to share her with the world  Smiley Very Happy  Give me a year to solidigy the relationship and I will  Smiley Very Happy

And actually, I don't take my Chase United Airlines out in public either  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

scapegrace13 wrote:

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

Amex acts like they gave me a real CL and I act like I use it by charging 11.99/mo for Credit Secure.

OMG, Peas - you and me both!  Smiley Very Happy  My sentiments exactly, about them and my measly $1k CL.

Too funny. Smiley Happy

Thank God! I thought it was just me! Smiley Very Happy

Get this --- I had a lousy $2k cli on my clear card. When I app'd and was approved for a whopping $1K Hilton Honors card, they sent me in FR. I came "this close" to telling them to shove both cards, but in the end I complied and passed with flying colors. I only kept them because hubby travels a lot and usually stays at Hilton.

So, I transferred $1K of my clear to the HH card. Still not enough for all of his travel needs, but I read up on the Amex CLI peculiarities, waited the obligatory 3 months, and then tried for a CLI on the HH card after 3 months of heavy use and weekly payments. (I would even use the card to pay for the weekly groceries, use the card and then send in the payment after I put the groceries away, for the love of . . . )

Anyway, they denied me (of course. lol) based on --- get this --- their "experience with people who use the card at establishments" where I used it. The only I thing I can figure is they didn't like the trip I took to the Las Vegas Hilton. Of course, had they actually LOOKED at my credit report, they'd have noticed that I LIVED in Vegas for 12 years. My daughter (who was born there) wanted to visit friends in Vegas for her 8th grade graduation present, so we took a 3 day trip. No gambling, mind you, but the fact that I bought lunch at the LV Hilton apparently scared them. lol. What a bunch of dufuses. Or is it "dufii"?
Message 18 of 23
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Cheech wrote:

Thank God! I thought it was just me! Smiley Very Happy

Get this --- I had a lousy $2k cli on my clear card. When I app'd and was approved for a whopping $1K Hilton Honors card, they sent me in FR. I came "this close" to telling them to shove both cards, but in the end I complied and passed with flying colors. I only kept them because hubby travels a lot and usually stays at Hilton.

So, I transferred $1K of my clear to the HH card. Still not enough for all of his travel needs, but I read up on the Amex CLI peculiarities, waited the obligatory 3 months, and then tried for a CLI on the HH card after 3 months of heavy use and weekly payments. (I would even use the card to pay for the weekly groceries, use the card and then send in the payment after I put the groceries away, for the love of . . . )

Anyway, they denied me (of course. lol) based on --- get this --- their "experience with people who use the card at establishments" where I used it. The only I thing I can figure is they didn't like the trip I took to the Las Vegas Hilton. Of course, had they actually LOOKED at my credit report, they'd have noticed that I LIVED in Vegas for 12 years. My daughter (who was born there) wanted to visit friends in Vegas for her 8th grade graduation present, so we took a 3 day trip. No gambling, mind you, but the fact that I bought lunch at the LV Hilton apparently scared them. lol. What a bunch of dufuses. Or is it "dufii"?

Your story beats my AmEx CLI denial excuse of 'too many recent credit checks' (exactly ONE, 3 months old, on the CR they pulled), and to me constitutes proof positive that AmEx has a terminal  case of cranial-rectal inversion, and that it's a rapidly progressing disease.

And the Latin geek in me votes for 'dufii' or 'doofii'. Smiley Very Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 19 of 23
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Cheech, just to clarify, they were huffy because you used your HHonors card at a Hilton? Hilton as in HiltonHonors? Even if it was in Vegas, that's just plain silly.

Honestly, AmEx needs to get out of the affiliate card business if they're going to keep shying away like a skittish horse every time the silly thing gets used. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.