Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex blue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex blue

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Cheech, just to clarify, they were huffy because you used your HHonors card at a Hilton? Hilton as in HiltonHonors? Even if it was in Vegas, that's just plain silly.

Honestly, AmEx needs to get out of the affiliate card business if they're going to keep shying away like a skittish horse every time the silly thing gets used. Smiley Tongue

That's the only thing I can come up with. What else could they be referring to when they speak of their "experience with people who [spend money] at an establishment like the one [I] recently visited?" The Albertson's grocery store? Seriously. Aside from the Vegas Hilton, I can't possibly imagine what the heck they meant. Geez, the only reason I even use the thing for the grocery store is to gain the points (and encourage a CLI), and because I know that the minute the milk hits the fridge, I'm gonna PIF the card.
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Cheech, just to clarify, they were huffy because you used your HHonors card at a Hilton? Hilton as in HiltonHonors? Even if it was in Vegas, that's just plain silly.

Honestly, AmEx needs to get out of the affiliate card business if they're going to keep shying away like a skittish horse every time the silly thing gets used. Smiley Tongue

That's the only thing I can come up with. What else could they be referring to when they speak of their "experience with people who [spend money] at an establishment like the one [I] recently visited?" The Albertson's grocery store? Seriously. Aside from the Vegas Hilton, I can't possibly imagine what the heck they meant. Geez, the only reason I even use the thing for the grocery store is to gain the points (and encourage a CLI), and because I know that the minute the milk hits the fridge, I'm gonna PIF the card.

Ok, I've heard/read a lot of bizarre AmEx-related tales, but that has got to be about the craziest! Up next... AmEx refuses CLIs to Delta SkyMiles cardholders due to their 'experience of people who fly with the airline you recently used' - or perhaps starts FR-ing Costco cardholders for shopping at Costco. I'll be scared to use my Blue Cash when it arrives, in case they disapprove of people who spend money at gas stations, supermarkets and drugstores. They're a bit, um... schizophrenic, aren't they?

Whatever next, AmEx...?!?!? Seriously!
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Ok, I've heard/read a lot of bizarre AmEx-related tales, but that has got to be about the craziest! Up next... AmEx refuses CLIs to Delta SkyMiles cardholders due to their 'experience of people who fly with the airline you recently used' - or perhaps starts FR-ing Costco cardholders for shopping at Costco. I'll be scared to use my Blue Cash when it arrives, in case they disapprove of people who spend money at gas stations, supermarkets and drugstores. They're a bit, um... schizophrenic, aren't they?

Whatever next, AmEx...?!?!? Seriously!

ROFL. It wouldn't surprise me at this point! In fact, NOTHING Amex does would surprise me at this point. They sent me a $25 gift card since I hit the 2500 pt. threshhold on my Clear card. I was afraid to use the damned thing for fear they'd hit me with yet another financial review. After all, if I have to use "free" money, I must be in financial trouble, right?

Seriously, I can't think of any other "questionable" business I might have patronized with my HHonors AMEX card. I DID pay my cell phone bill with it. Could they have been casting aspersions at AT&T? Smiley Wink
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.