cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex bluecash and everyday card's amazon prime .

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: amex bluecash and everyday card's amazon prime .

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i got mine exactly when i spent $1000.

Same with me. I think the $50 credit and Amazon Prime email came about 2 days after I spent my first $1,000 on my Blue Cash Everyday.

Yeah well i don't think i will be getting that offer, now if i have to decide if it i am over reacting by getting upset about it and downgrading or cancelling my amex cards. 

Have you tried calling AMEX? Maybe there was a mistake. At least try to get the bonus, the worst they can say is "no."

Non-FSR response:   No, that never occured to him!  

More polite response.  Read the thread.

Well the thing is yes i probably would still use it becase groceries bonus spending is something i could use. All the other cards that have nice grocery bonuses are all amex cards, so i don't really have an choice in the matter if i want to get grocery bonus spending. 

I think the smarter decision is just suck it up because EDP could be quite lucrative for me with grocery spending and 30 swipe min for 50% MR bonus. I don't know. 

There are some OK cashback grocery cards that are not Amex (3% ones) and of course if Diner's ever reopens, they have their 3 point card.

yeah the DC is an bit too steep for me with AF and no bonus signup offer. I am not made of money unfortunately lol. Sallie Mae would be the card i would goto if i were to drop amex completely. I would probably and try and double up with two of them. Most of the good card for grocery stores are amex cards unfortunately, like OBC, BCP, BCE etc. I could try and use and abuse WF or TD bank cards for 6 months but its not really an long term solution. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 41 of 55
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

You value those MR points, you haven't received notice yet of declination. I think the choice is clear. Keep for the MR if you really want to use Amex transfer for travel. You also have that email, I would seriously give them another call, with transfer to US reps, and get an email address to send your confirmation.

Try, man, try. Smiley Wink
Signature needs updating
Message 42 of 55
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
You value those MR points, you haven't received notice yet of declination. I think the choice is clear. Keep for the MR if you really want to use Amex transfer for travel. You also have that email, I would seriously give them another call, with transfer to US reps, and get an email address to send your confirmation.

Try, man, try. Smiley Wink

So i finally got final call from one of the indian supervisors from amex. And apparently link i clicked i applied din't have amazon prime offer so i am SOL. There is nothing they can do, so i will have to instituite my contigency plan that i came up with. That plan is buy 5000 dollars worth of vgc to make sure i get my MR at 3x , then downgrade my card to edp to house my MR points , then will churn every few months one of the amex business cards to get MR points. 

So what to do about what i am going to do about grocery spend i have two option i can either get an 2% cashback card i am leaning towards Citi DC or maybe sallie mae for 5% groceries. I will move my gas spend to ink plus for the 2x UR points. 

Message 43 of 55
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Just get the Sallie Mae.. has worked perfectly for me.
Message 44 of 55
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Kenny wrote:
Just get the Sallie Mae.. has worked perfectly for me.

i have to think of what to do for everyday spend , i don't want to only get 1% for general purchases, that is why i was leaning towards citi DC card. Even though i really don't like how citi will probably give me an huge apr and low CL , i don't know if i have any other options really. Right now i don't really want to give amex any swipes from me unless i am churning one of their business cards for points. 

Message 45 of 55
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Do you hate Cap One? Quicksilver's good for general spend, because you're right, you're likely to get a low limit and high APR with Double Cash like 90% of people who have it lol. Maybe 95%.

Message 46 of 55
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Do you hate Cap One? Quicksilver's good for general spend, because you're right, you're likely to get a low limit and high APR with Double Cash like 90% of people who have it lol. Maybe 95%.

I do have cap one qs its actually my lowest apr card and it has decent CL , i may start using that. I don't think with my spending that difference between 1.5 and 2% may make that big of an difference. I am not as salty with amex as i was earlier in the day so i don't quite know what i want to do yet. 

Message 47 of 55
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I do have cap one qs its actually my lowest apr card and it has decent CL , i may start using that. I don't think with my spending that difference between 1.5 and 2% may make that big of an difference. I am not as salty with amex as i was earlier in the day so i don't quite know what i want to do yet. 

That's better.  Take a deep breath and relax a moment. Smiley Happy

Amex has a purpose, it's just to the individual to determine what purpose.  You have a lot invested towards MR strategy, so think on that.  It never hurts to utilize your other cards also.  I've found giving some 1.5% love not much difference than 2%.  And there is that utilization hit.

Signature needs updating
Message 48 of 55
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

That's better.  Take a deep breath and relax a moment. Smiley Happy

Amex has a purpose, it's just to the individual to determine what purpose.  You have a lot invested towards MR strategy, so think on that.  It never hurts to utilize your other cards also.  I've found giving some 1.5% love not much difference than 2%.  And there is that utilization hit.

Yes , i don't have that much invested in MR , not nearly as much as AA or UR. As far as accumulating points via groceries. There aren't really that many option that aren't amex. PRG or EDP are pretty much only options that i know of to accumulate bonus points via grocery shopping. I think i will be downgrading my EDP to ED sometime this year though. EDP wasn't really getting much work this quarter anyways. Groceries went to freedom and Discover was on gas duty. 

My original plan was not to apply for any cards unless BOA alaska Air 50k offer came my way. So having to app for another card because of this amex debacle would really mess up my original plans. 

Message 49 of 55
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Kenny wrote:
Amex is notorious for that you know that.. changing a sign up bonus claiming you deserve less. Don't worry. You will get it, I'm sure. You do not give up! Smiley Very Happy

i don't plan on giving up but i am debating whether to abuse the card just in case they don't reverse the decision so i can maximize 40% transfer bonus of MR to BA before end of the month. i know the monetary value of prime is very little to get all bent out of shape about, buts its the principal of the matter that really annoys me. 

Unfortunately the hardcore churners got us here. Fighting for once per card bonuses.

Is it once per card?  Or once per membership?  I was under the impression that once I received a bonus, I couldn't get them on other cards? (Obviously Amex)

Once per card family in theory.   So if you get a bonus on one charge card, you "shouldn't" get a bonus on another, but could still get a bonus on the Blue credit cards for example.

As experience has shown, sometimes people get multiple bonuses, and sometimes have to fight to get even one.

That is why I hate Amex.....it is just a gamble. I like if the issuer has a clear policy that applies to everybody in a fair and stright forward way.  I do not mind 1 x per customer on any card but then please for everybody or 1 x per card or 1 x per card family but what I cannot stand is the unfair behaviour that some get multiple bonuses, some nothing and some are promised bonuses and then Amex changes.  My votes would be for 1 x per card like most other banks.  Amex sure could afford that.

Mong... keep fighting ..for the principle. I am all in with you Smiley Mad  Btw have you tried to post your experience on the Amex forum?  It might get attention there as it is bad publicity and someone from Amex might be willing to end this odyseey  for you. Good luck!

Message 50 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.