amex card to apply for

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: amex card to apply for

2007credit wrote:

I have a 700 even score on all three CB's...695 on one

which amex card can I qualify for? 

If you're saying that you know your EX score after 2/13, then I'm afraid you might be looking at FAKO scores. You haven't been able to buy an EX FICO since that date, although you can find yours out by apping for a mortgage (!) or be belonging to a tough-to-qualify-for credit union in Pennsylvania.

Where did you get your EQ and TU scores?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 21
smalldede
Valued Member

If you want Amex , I believe Amex charge product (Green or Gold card) is much easy to approve. Because you need to PIF every month.
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

do they pull all 3 reports?

Thanks

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

Yes, they pull all 3 reports!  I applied on 4/11/09.  It resulted in a hard inquiry on all three reports.  It should also be noted that I was preapproved for their cards, however when I officially applied, I was denied. 

Message 14 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

KDx wrote:

Thanks

Normally American Express only pulls Experian. If your history is really short, or if they see something there that concerns them, they might keep going.

eta: sorry, posted at the same time as anythingispossible.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-22-2009 06:16 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

any idea what score required?
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX typically required Good to Excellent credit score. And they usually pull Experian, as the case for me.

Message 17 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

KDx wrote:
any idea what score required?

I have to ask, why do you want one? Because AmEx has redefined the term "high maintenance."

Their rewards aren't that great unless you do a WHOLE lot of traveling. I have one, but I treat it very, very gingerly.
Message 18 of 21
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Apped in Jan. 09 with 720 Ex score.  Was instantly approved for Gold Rewards.  Called this month and asked if I was eligible for any of their sign-up bonuses.  Very courteous CSR was gone for about 5 min. came back and asked what amount I had seen as a sign-up bonus.  I said I thought it was 50,000 pts.  (I think I had seen something somewhere about Amex offering sign-up bonuses).  She said she couldn't find any such offers but she was adding 25,000 rewards points to my acct. and would be available in 15 min.  It was - and I booked a free flight to see my daughter the next day . . . . . Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Itsmeagain wrote:
Apped in Jan. 09 with 720 Ex score.  Was instantly approved for Gold Rewards

What was the annual fee for that one again?

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.