Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex cards..

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: amex cards..

How long do you have the Zync card?  Do you have other Amex cards?

Ron.

@afbar1114 wrote:

wow alot lol....i may plan on getting the green or gold in a few months. is it worth the green compared to zync..any diff

Message 21 of 42
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

wow alot lol....i may plan on getting the green or gold in a few months. is it worth the green compared to zync..any diff

It depends what you're going to use.  I think PR Gold is the best deal.  Green AF is almost as much as regular Gold.  If you don't travel, the regular gold is the bstter choice than the Zync.  I got the Green because the first AF is free and I'm going to try it out how it goes. I might close it when the year is up.

Ron.

besides the points because i dont travel alot what else do you get out of it.. i would rather keep the zync for a while and get one of the blue cards and then maybe green

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 22 of 42
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

@afbar1114 wrote:

weeks loving it so far.. i get looks at stores and they say what card is this.... and no other amex cards maybe a blue card soon 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Message 23 of 42
Ron1
Super Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

It depends what you're going to use.  I think PR Gold is the best deal.  Green AF is almost as much as regular Gold.  If you don't travel, the regular gold is the bstter choice than the Zync.  I got the Green because the first AF is free and I'm going to try it out how it goes. I might close it when the year is up.

Ron.

besides the points because i dont travel alot what else do you get out of it.. i would rather keep the zync for a while and get one of the blue cards and then maybe green

It's pretty much the same.  I think the Gold Card gives more spending power when you need it. It depends how long you have any card with Amex, credit and payment history. It's hard to say how much you can spend on the card.  It varies from person to person. 

Ron.

Message 24 of 42
Ron1
Super Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

@afbar1114 wrote:

weeks loving it so far.. i get looks at stores and they say what card is this.... and no other amex cards maybe a blue card soon 

I got that today when I ate at the restaurant.  How long do you have the Zync? I  would say wait 6 to a year to apply for another card.

Ron.

Message 25 of 42
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

Ron.

It's pretty much the same.  I think the Gold Card gives more spending power when you need it. It depends how long you have any card with Amex, credit and payment history. It's hard to say how much you can spend on the card.  It varies from person to person. 

Ron.

ill stick with the zync for the charge and try to get a blue card soon and do a BT for the cap1 card

Message 26 of 42
Ron1
Super Contributor

The Zync is not a bad card to keep.  Amex cards is usually harder to get than charge cards.  It means they required higher score to get approved.

Ron.

Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Zync card is the only charge card that can't be upgraded, all the others can be.
Message 28 of 42
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

The Zync is not a bad card to keep.  Amex cards is usually harder to get than charge cards.  It means they required higher score to get approved.

Ron.

what cards would be harder to get ?

Message 29 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@afbar1114 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

what cards would be harder to get ?

Every AMEX card is harder to get than Zync.  Except the prepaid.

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.