cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex cl

tag
nguye719

amex cl

Hi, I have a blue skys amex card that has a cl of 3500. This morning i requested for a increase to 14000. It says to wait 7-10 biz days. does it mean im denied?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: amex cl

Nope, it doesn't mean you're necessarily denied. You might get an e-mail in an hour or so or even later. Best of luck!
Message 2 of 10
nguye719

Thank you for the prompt response!

Message 3 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Of course! I'm off today from work so I am choosing to have no life! LOL
Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@nguye719 wrote:

Hi, I have a blue skys amex card that has a cl of 3500. This morning i requested for a increase to 14000. It says to wait 7-10 biz days. does it mean im denied?

Pretty sure you will be denied because you asked for more than the 3x CLI rule!

Message 5 of 10
nguye719

yeah i havent got a email yet. i interp it was 3x your credit limit added to your credit limit. lol. whens the next time i can ask for a cl increase? or should i call?

Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@nguye719 wrote:

yeah i havent got a email yet. i interp it was 3x your credit limit added to your credit limit. lol. whens the next time i can ask for a cl increase? or should i call?

you could try to go back in and request the correct amount, it's not like it will be a hp!

Message 7 of 10
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Keep us posted. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@nguye719 wrote:

Pretty sure you will be denied because you asked for more than the 3x CLI rule!

That's not true.. I requested more than 3x my limit since it was 4k to begin with and they countered with an amount.

Just my experience.

Message 9 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

If you are denied, aCLI can be requested 90 days from the date in the denial letter.

Best of luck and like DigitalArk says keep us posted. Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.