Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex clear

tag
awp317
Frequent Contributor

amex clear

Sorry if there is already a thread about it. 

I keep seeing this as "coming soon" on my amex log in, seems like a neat card, I want it, its a revolver however. What should I do to prep my credit to be approved. Amex gave me the hilton honors a couple years ago and have denied a CLI twice, even though they will let me carry a balance on the platinum up to 35k (anythign over that must be PIF). Should I cancel the hiltion honors now and hten apply when it comes out, or should I keep it and just apply for it anyway?  Last pulled score was a mortgage lender last month which was 742. thanks! 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: amex clear

@awp317 wrote:

I keep seeing this as "coming soon" on my amex log in, seems like a neat card, I want it, its a revolver however. What should I do to prep my credit to be approved. Amex gave me the hilton honors a couple years ago and have denied a CLI twice, even though they will let me carry a balance on the platinum up to 35k (anythign over that must be PIF). Should I cancel the hiltion honors now and hten apply when it comes out, or should I keep it and just apply for it anyway?  Last pulled score was a mortgage lender last month which was 742. thanks! 

Just as a point of clarification, I think you're referring to the AMEX Everday/Everyday Preferred cards?  Not to be confused with the dearly departed AMEX Clear card, for which one can no longer apply. 

Message 2 of 4
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@awp317 wrote:

If this means that you regularly carry a bal on Amex, that could be the reason your CLIs aren't being approved. Amex doesn't like people carrying balances for very long (or at all, IMO). I'd be sure your Amex cards are PIF and get your util as low as possible, and don't apply for anything else in the meantime because they also don't like to see a lot of inquiries.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 4
awp317
Frequent Contributor

No I have never carried a balance on my platinum and my year end statement shows 66k spend through it last year, I actually never carry a balance on any of My credit cards. I just got a letter one day from american express (the one that always scares me, its light and not a statement) and it said  something to the effect "we have added the ability to pay your balance over time on your platinum card up to 35,000 dollars, any amount over this limit will be required to be paid in full at the end of the month, thanks for being a valued customer" 

But yes im reffering to the everyday card I guess thats advertised at the home screen, it looks like a blue except its got a clear square. Im really wanting a revolver from amex that earns me regular points, not hiltion points as I rarly stay at the hilton anymore.  However I want to make sure my cards are all set and gardening before my new mortage hits my account as I dont see getting approved for anything with the mortgage on my account. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.