Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex cli alternative route?

tag
dds2be
Valued Member

amex cli alternative route?

amex is really getting on my nerves with my credit limits. i have a TE card thats currently at 5.1k, and they refuse to increase it. credit report is perfect, 3 or less inq on each report, scores all in 750-770 range, no negatives. reported usage debt/credit limit is always under 5%. i apped for spg in july and got approved for 5k, and they denied 60 day cli and tried again at 90 days twice, both denied. i always pif, and if on few occasions i cant, i pay atleast 80% of balance. i always get the repsonse "your credit limits in proportion to your reported income is sufficient". income: 50k.  i just dont understand, i apped for gold prg in december, approved. i run about 6k a month on it, and they even offered me the pay overtime feature with a pay over time limit of 35k. what gives? they'll let me pay over time 35k, but wont give me 10k on my spg/te. id like the 3x cli, but hey, id be happy with 10k on each card. perfect history with them since 03/2009.  

yet, i just apped for csp 2 days ago and instant approval for 12k! never banked with them, nor had a card with them, and they felt i was worthy of a 12k limit, with no history with them. yet 3 amexs with perfect history, and i get crap! lol. 

ok rant is over, now for my real question:

can i move 3k from my spg card to my te card, bring my spg to 2k, and then request a CLI in my spg from 2k-6k? if i move credit to another card, do i have to wait 90 days or 6 months to ask for a 3x cli?  and if the donor card has to be 12 months old, then i can do TE to spg.

also, do u think when amex sees chase gave me 12k, that they be inclined to  want to match it? or do they not give 2 sh*ts about other creditor's credit limits?

thanks!!

Age 28
BOFA Cash Rewards:25k
Citi Premier :16.7k
Citi Costco Visa:19.2k
Amex SPG: 30k
Macy's: 20k
care credit :15k Express: 3.2k Dillards : 5k
Amex Platinum :NPSL
CSP: 15k
Chase Marriot: 25K
Chase Freedom 15k
Capital One Venture 30k

Fico Scores as of 10/2018: EX: 772, EQ: 782 TU: 778
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: amex cli alternative route?

@dds2be wrote:

amex is really getting on my nerves with my credit limits. i have a TE card thats currently at 5.1k, and they refuse to increase it. credit report is perfect, 3 or less inq on each report, scores all in 750-770 range, no negatives. reported usage debt/credit limit is always under 5%. i apped for spg in july and got approved for 5k, and they denied 60 day cli and tried again at 90 days twice, both denied. i always pif, and if on few occasions i cant, i pay atleast 80% of balance. i always get the repsonse "your credit limits in proportion to your reported income is sufficient". income: 50k.  i just dont understand, i apped for gold prg in december, approved. i run about 6k a month on it, and they even offered me the pay overtime feature with a pay over time limit of 35k. what gives? they'll let me pay over time 35k, but wont give me 10k on my spg/te. id like the 3x cli, but hey, id be happy with 10k on each card. perfect history with them since 03/2009.  

yet, i just apped for csp 2 days ago and instant approval for 12k! never banked with them, nor had a card with them, and they felt i was worthy of a 12k limit, with no history with them. yet 3 amexs with perfect history, and i get crap! lol. 

ok rant is over, now for my real question:

can i move 3k from my spg card to my te card, bring my spg to 2k, and then request a CLI in my spg from 2k-6k? if i move credit to another card, do i have to wait 90 days or 6 months to ask for a 3x cli?  and if the donor card has to be 12 months old, then i can do TE to spg.

also, do u think when amex sees chase gave me 12k, that they be inclined to  want to match it? or do they not give 2 sh*ts about other creditor's credit limits?

thanks!!

With the added 12k TL, they will sure say "your credit limits in proportion to your reported income is sufficient". income:

PS: they did me the same way , so i am happy with what i do have with them.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: amex cli alternative route?

@dds2be wrote:

i always get the repsonse "your credit limits in proportion to your reported income is sufficient". income: 50k.  i just dont understand, 

Seems pretty straightforward.  Unless your income improves they aren't comfortable with granting you more.

@dds2be wrote:

Nothing unusual about that.  Creditors have different underwriting critieria.  I apped for a Chase and AmEx card at the same time.  AmEx gave me half as much of a CL as Chase.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.