Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex cli question....

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

amex cli question....

OK read the posts but am still confused....I am eligible for a CLI on my BCE card but 2 weeks ago I applied and was approved for a BSP, so question can I try the CLI on BCE, or because I just got the BSP do I have to wait, and if so how long? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: amex cli question....

@odd_dog wrote:

OK read the posts but am still confused....I am eligible for a CLI on my BCE card but 2 weeks ago I applied and was approved for a BSP, so question can I try the CLI on BCE, or because I just got the BSP do I have to wait, and if so how long? Thanks!

I believe 61 days after your new approval or 6 months since last request.

Message 2 of 6
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Thanks Creditaddict I appreciate the REALLY quick response!!!

Message 3 of 6
jboy1972
New Contributor

Sorry for jacking the thread but, quick question, OP why would someone app for the BCE and then 3 months later apply for basically the same type reward structure. Is there some sort of combo with rewards? I understand the freedom/CSP combo for UR points.. Just curious?..

Also congrats on both your BCE & BCP
NFCU Flag Visa Sig $11k *| AMEX BCE $20k*| Discover It $8k*| Citi TY Preferred $5k *| Chase Freedom Visa $2k *|
| Lowe's $10k *| Bank of Hawaii Rewards Platinum Visa $7.8k *| Hawaii USA FCU Platinum Visa 3k *| Firestone 2.2k *|

FICO EQ- 747 (7/07/13) FICO EX -752 (8/07/13) FICO TU -751 (8/07/13)
Message 4 of 6
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

OK, jboy 1972 here it goes, remember YOU asked!! LOL I got a SPG from AMEX thinking I could move points over to JetBlue, my fault did not think to look at the fine print before I apped they dont transfer to JetBlue so I PC to BCE, figured why not, great gas card and shopping.....Then was looking for a travel card that was not affiliated with any airline, hotel etc, apped for Cap 1 ventureone and was denied, then apped for Barclay arrival....denied, I do like AMEX and figured it IS a generic travel card and with a pretty good redemption ratio, and a nice sign up bonus I tried it and got it....I guess to your question, the BSP is strickly for travel and I can't use the "cash" for anything else, also blu cash gives extra points on gas and groceries, while BSP gives extra on restaurants and hotels....I like alot of cards to spread out my payments as I always pay in  full every month...just a nut I guess!!!

Message 5 of 6
jboy1972
New Contributor

Okay gotcha...Smiley Happy thanks for the clarification
NFCU Flag Visa Sig $11k *| AMEX BCE $20k*| Discover It $8k*| Citi TY Preferred $5k *| Chase Freedom Visa $2k *|
| Lowe's $10k *| Bank of Hawaii Rewards Platinum Visa $7.8k *| Hawaii USA FCU Platinum Visa 3k *| Firestone 2.2k *|

FICO EQ- 747 (7/07/13) FICO EX -752 (8/07/13) FICO TU -751 (8/07/13)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.