Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex credit limit increase

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

amex credit limit increase

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i went from 2000 to 6000. so i got a 4k increase. sweet!

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Re: amex credit limit increase

now i heard someone getting approved for a revolving amex with a low experian plus score. when i read this, i instantly had the confidence to request a credit limit increase. but i was prompted because i knew for a fact (from a rep.) that i should have no problem asking after 12/15. well i wanted to wait untill at least march to do it. but upon reading the score, and knowing it was completely one month later, i figured, what the heck.

i learned that if you ask over the phone, it becomes a soft inquiry. i don't know if it is via rep. or automated phone that are both soft, but i went with a rep just to be sure.

Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup! Something's up with AmEx. I got a $5k increase automatically yesterday.

Message 3 of 33
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

now i heard someone getting approved for a revolving amex with a low experian plus score. when i read this, i instantly had the confidence to request a credit limit increase.

i learned that if you ask over the phone, it becomes a soft inquiry. i don't know if it is via rep. or automated phone that are both soft, but i went with a rep just to be sure.

Congrats on the CLI!  How do you like your Blue Cash card?  I just recently got one and been putting all my expenses through it to maximize rewards Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 33
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

beeks, i guess you got me beat! automatic and 1k more than me. than again i have only had my blue since october. i supposed if i would have waited i may have gotten this too.

Message 5 of 33
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

beeks what is your ex plus, or ex vantage score. if you dont have what is your tu or eq fico?

Message 6 of 33
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i love my blue cash card, except i feel guilty using it for most things, because their fees are the highest for merchants. it is mostly my grocery store card, walgreens, or cvs. thats mostly where i will use it, use it at dunkin donuts exclusively, nice restaurants. department stores. huge auto mechanic payments. (i will use several cards to make the purchase, including blue cash.)

Message 7 of 33
zkder
Valued Member

i saw this thread and went ahead and clicked the button on my amex blue. bumped me from 7.5 to 10k limit. good call.

Message 8 of 33
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats on your CLI for Blue Cash!!!! About a month ago, I requested a CLI for my Costco Amex over the phone. They increased from $3K to 5K. I never requested any CLI for my Blue since I got the card. I think it is enough for me to use. I heard you can request  only one CLI for every six months for only one of all credit cards.

Ron.

Message 9 of 33
DI
Super Contributor

It seems as if AMEX has opened up the credit vault again. For the longest, the CLI button wasn't working.  Everyone is getting approved for new cards and CLIs.  Congrats!

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.