Did you mean: 

amex credit secure monitoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex credit secure monitoring

@lg8302ch wrote:

@mossmanb5 wrote:

on amex website they have a credit secure monitoring service that charges your card 1 dollar for the first 30 days then 15.00 a month there after. it says unlimited credit scores and reports for all 3 bureaus . does anyone have this and how close is it to the real scores?

All my Fako scores are in the same range as my Fico score +/- 10 points with the exeption of Equifax Fako being much lower. Credit Secure comes off Experian and if you are interested I would recommend the 1 x per month Citi for only 4.95$ / month.  Amex is not unlimited but I believe 2 x per month for 15$ and if you want unlimited pulls then you will need to pay even more. Do you really need to access more than once a month?  I am really happy with the Citi CMS on all 3 and not interested in the scores but rather the monitoring with a report once a month. Best value for my buck here Smiley Happy

With my current rebuilding process, I like having the daily puller.

Message 11 of 20
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@mossmanb5 wrote:

does anyone have this and how close is it to the real scores?

You can't rely on one scoring model to determine the score generated by a different scoring model whether you're comparing FAKO to FICO, FAKO to FAKO or FICO to FICO.  How close the scores are between any two models will vary from situation to situation since they weigh different factors differently.  It's not just a matter of a linear offset of X points.

Message 12 of 20
RED_Knives
Valued Member

"The above image is an illustrative sample of CreditSecure PLUS Scores.
Each PLUS Score is a credit score calculated based on information in the individual credit report provided by one of the 3 Major Bureaus. The PLUS Score® is designed to represent your overall credit risk. PLUS Scores are not used by lenders and you should not rely only on PLUS Scores to understand how lenders will view your creditworthiness.Lenders use several different credit scoring models"

Tells you on the front page that lenders don't use plus scores...

Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 730
Goal Score: 800

Credit Cards and Credit Limits: Barclay 7250, AMEX 2000, Discover 6250, Cap OnePlat 3000, BestBuy 3000, Chase 3500, Paypal 4300, Walmart 1000, BOA 2000, Kohls 800, Target RED 500, Les Schwab 500, TOTAL 34900 OldestAc1.8 years
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard it's one of the easiest to read . It's good for if you wanna pull your reports everyday . The scores are useless tho .
Message 14 of 20
aav
Established Contributor

I use Amex CS to pull daily. They are not consistent with real fico scores, but I can tell which cms has updated info or not which I like a lot. It has some benefits for credit obsessives like me. I Pay more than $15. I really should cancel because I have the myfico monitoring all 3 scores for less. But I hate calling places to cancel. Lol

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX CS uses plus scores. Good daily puller though.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is this thread allowed but my thread about fraudulnt billing was buried on an obscure and unrelated forum? This IS a crdit card feature just like cash back and whatnot. Warning to OP: they keep billing you after you cancel, say you never did after they gave you a confirmaton number, and refuse to provide written confirmtion when you cance again.

Message 17 of 20
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

I have it...I like it because I can monitor things on my report.  You only get 2 pulls within a 30 day period; however you have access to the site and the reports daily.  

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 18 of 20
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

I have the daily credit secure puller. My scores, according to it, are 728 across the board. My various fico versions range from 760-790. But it's great as a daily puller. You don't have to wait 24 hours and 1 minute for the next pull.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My plus scores are EX: 698, EQ: 638, TU: 669

FICOs are EX: 682, EQ: 654, TU: 683

Not a huge spread but inaccurate nonetheless.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.