Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex delta gold 3x cli ???

tag
mossmanb5
Established Contributor

amex delta gold 3x cli ???

i currently have the amex delta gold. my 61 day is on june 25th. i currently have a 1000 limit. i have ran about 1300 thru it since i have hade it in small amounts but have constantly pif to take advantage of the 30000 bonus miles for spending 1000 in 3 months. the bonus miles are already on my account. my question is should i let a balance report to help with the cli or continue to pif to help. def trying to get my limit up there. hoping they see that discover, barclays, cap one and nfcu have higher limits and want to compete. i have no inqs since opening amex last month.

also would i be over stepping if i was to try for another amex like the everday or do i have to wait awhile since they only started me with 1000 on this revolver. i checked their pre approval and npting comes up. i have about 18 inqs on each report which is alot and im only interested in sp everything for a year or so.

72 cards and done 312,800 in available credit
0.5% uti / 2.2 aaoa
eq 698 / ex 712 / tu 729

inqs= eq 48 / ex 35 / tu 15
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SeattleSuperBowlChampions
New Contributor

Re: amex delta gold 3x cli ???

I PIF every month was approved for the 3x CLI.  I would wait til you get a CLI to apply for other cards.  Having higher credit limits typically helps you get higher limits on new accounts.  Good luck!

BarclayCard - Rewards MC - 5,000 | Amex - Skymiles Platinum - 18,000 | Chase - Freedom - 3,000 | Chase - Hyatt - 5,000 | Amazon SC - 3,800 | Fidelity AMEX - 17,000 | Chase - Ritz - 10,000
Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: amex delta gold 3x cli ???

@mossmanb5 wrote:

my question is should i let a balance report to help with the cli or continue to pif to help.

It's not just a matter of balance versus no balance (for any creditor).  People get CLI's with and without balances.  If you normally PIF then PIF.

@mossmanb5 wrote:

hoping they see that discover, barclays, cap one and nfcu have higher limits and want to compete.

While larger limits can help, creditors don't just match limits.

@mossmanb5 wrote:

i have about 18 inqs on each report which is alot and im only interested in sp everything for a year or so.

It will be an HP is approved so if that's the case then you don't want to apply unless you expect a denial which will be an SP.  The answer just really depends on one's credit.  With a $1K limit granted and that many inquiries (18 seems very desparate for credit) I'd guess that you should probably put in some time.  That said, it's an SP on denial so there's really nothing to lose.  If they deny you'll have a list of items to work on.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.