cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex fee waived for 1st year...just kidding!!

tag
Jesster
Valued Member

amex fee waived for 1st year...just kidding!!

Got my amex last week. The website states "first year free, then 95$." Logged onto the Amex site this morning, and BAM, 95$ fee. Wrote Amex an email to figure this out. Is there some eligiblitly criteria that I'm unaware of? Anyone else have this issue??I applied after receiving one of those RSVP numbered offers. Could that be it? Smiley Sad

Sigh...

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. ~Douglas Adams

Cap1 Secured - $700 (chopping block)/ Amex Green / AmazonGEMB - $3200 / Amex BCE - $3200 / Chase Freedom - $3000 / Discover More $3500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CHARGE
Valued Member

Re: amex fee waived for 1st year...just kidding!!

I've been with AMEX for a long time and from time to time these things do happen.  The good thing is, they can look back at the offers you've been sent and if it did say $95 annual fee waived for the first year they will make it right.  I've had nothing but great experiences when I've ever contacted them with anything.  If you don't hear back from that email soon you should call the CS number and chat with them about it.  I wouldn't sweat it though ... they'll make it right.  Smiley Wink 

TU: 789 - 06/06/2011 | EQ: 790 - 06/29/2011 | EX: 803 - 02/10/2009

What's in my wallet?
Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Costco, Blue Cash Everyday from American Express, BMW Financial Services Visa, Citi Double Cash, Discover More, Delta Community Credit Union Platinum Rewards Visa ....
Message 2 of 6
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Let me know if you get it handled. Otherwise I may be able to help.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 3 of 6
Jesster
Valued Member

When dealing with a mass volume of card holders, I'd expect the occasional error to occur. I don't fault Amex, and I'm still thrilled to have that shiny green card sparkling in my wallet. I don't recall if the RSVP offer stated the waiver or not, I was going by the website. Maybe I don't qualify for it. Doesn't feel likely, though. We'll see, when they get the chance to reply. If the charge is legit, maybe they'll waive it anyway. If not, it's only 95$, and I won't have to pay it again for another whole year...

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. ~Douglas Adams

Cap1 Secured - $700 (chopping block)/ Amex Green / AmazonGEMB - $3200 / Amex BCE - $3200 / Chase Freedom - $3000 / Discover More $3500
Message 4 of 6
Jesster
Valued Member

Dear ----- ------,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I have issued you a credit of $95.00. This credit will appear on your upcoming statement.

I hope that this is what you were looking for.

Please write back to me if you need any other assistance or clarifications and I will be happy to assist you.

I hope you will find my response to the best of your satisfaction. We appreciate your selection of
American Express and will always consider it our privilege to be of service.

Chivalry and Customer Service. Just when you think they are extinct, Amex presents this!

Message 5 of 6
CHARGE
Valued Member

As long as you treat them well, AMEX will always rise above the crowd.  Smiley Wink

TU: 789 - 06/06/2011 | EQ: 790 - 06/29/2011 | EX: 803 - 02/10/2009

What's in my wallet?
Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Costco, Blue Cash Everyday from American Express, BMW Financial Services Visa, Citi Double Cash, Discover More, Delta Community Credit Union Platinum Rewards Visa ....
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.