longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: amex financial review

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

Use the card as intended and do not lie about your income. That way if you're ever financially reviewed, you know what the outcome will be. 

Or, more accurately, as in every other aspect of life, feel free to lie as much as you want, just don't get caught.

Lol, each to his own. 

Some of us may have to lie, about our income, until we upgrade it to the FICO-Moderator-bonus big leagues....  Then, there wont be no need to lie no more...

And some of us do not have to. I do not see the point of lying just to get a higher limit. For one, that person evidently would not be able to pay back for the borrowed money, if they were to utilize the entire credit limit, in full. But, each to his own. 

But, elsewhere in myfico, everyone goes on about getting CLIs "for utilization", while agreeing that they would never use anything like the whole CL.    So, in theory, you might, um, "project" your income in order to get a large CL, for the same purpose, without ever spending more than they can afford to pay back.

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

Use the card as intended and do not lie about your income. That way if you're ever financially reviewed, you know what the outcome will be. 

Or, more accurately, as in every other aspect of life, feel free to lie as much as you want, just don't get caught.

Lol, each to his own. 

Some of us may have to lie, about our income, until we upgrade it to the FICO-Moderator-bonus big leagues....  Then, there wont be no need to lie no more...

And some of us do not have to. I do not see the point of lying just to get a higher limit. For one, that person evidently would not be able to pay back for the borrowed money, if they were to utilize the entire credit limit, in full. But, each to his own. 

But, elsewhere in myfico, everyone goes on about getting CLIs "for utilization", while agreeing that they would never use anything like the whole CL.    So, in theory, you might, um, "project" your income in order to get a large CL, for the same purpose, without ever spending more than they can afford to pay back.

Yep, that's why I added the EDIT about having the intelligence to pull it off... this tactic is not for totally honest people or for dishonest morons...

Message 22 of 29
tjones9234
Contributor

Yeah any teachers or police officers on these boards, that make a normal income 35 - 40 K? I mean I dont know anyone that makes over 100K that is not a doctor or lawyer, we must be amongst the elite

Message 23 of 29
blondy250
Established Contributor

I'm a police officer (Lieutenant) I made 161k last year just salary, but I live in NY where the welfare benefit is 40k a year. FYI many if not most teachers in my county make well over 100k.
Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 24 of 29
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

How can you do something like lie about your income?!! Blah blah blah. We have all done something we shouldn't have in our lives. Nobody was born a saint. I am not condoning any behavior that would otherwise be considered inmoral as I didn't have to lie to get where I am today. Just simply making a statement.
Message 25 of 29
tjones9234
Contributor

Well I take it you have never been to South Florida. Most nurses and teachers make about 35K ...My best friend is a Patrol Deputy in Collier County, one of the richest counties the country and makes 40K with all raises on freeze..I have heard of police officers in Nassau Ct NY making 100k, but that translates over to about 20k in south florida..Cost of living im surpised is not taken into account by amex..If you live in NY vs Texas or Wyoming?.....

Message 26 of 29
tjones9234
Contributor

I think if you can pay the pill, thats all you need to concern yourself with

Message 27 of 29
blondy250
Established Contributor

Location is everything. All the Police officers that work for me made 130k (some OT). In Nassau county where I live the top earners last year where Police Lietenants 4 of which made close to 425k (last year before retirement the county pays you for all unused time). Of course I pay for that in a little over a 13k in property taxes on my tiny home last year.
Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 28 of 29
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I think one of the biggest things is don't apply for too many Amex in a short time frame.. (meaning 1 year or so.) Often, people like the backdate so they apply for too many and then find themselves being FR'd..

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.