Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex fr problem

tag
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

Re: amex fr problem

@Simplyjays wrote:

just got approved for amex green card but... im self employed and dont have my 4506-t form yet but my accountant can provide a profit and loss file.. will that be acceptable for amex incase they feel the curious need to FR me..? can also provide bank statements from personal and business which business deposits and electronic deposits are over 200k a year much more then i listed on the application when i got approved.. this infamous fr has me freaked out... -.-

tips and answers apprecated!

This is exactly why Amex behave the way they do. People buy into their delusion of grandeur. At the end of the day they are just another credit card company. I currently have the Amex Zync w/ NPSL. I would NEVER comply an Amex FR. Not because I have something to hide but just out of principle. I would gladly dump their plastic if I have to. You have to wonder the depesration of someone who would turn over 3 years of their tax return just to keep a credit card. There are far too many credit products on the market to put up with that crap... some with much better rewards and features than Amex. Whatever is on my taxes is between me, my family, and Uncle Sam. The only way I would even conceive of giving my tax returns to a creditor is if it is direclty connected to the acquisition of a tangible asset like a house for example... but for a revolving line of credit? HELL NO!!

Message 11 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@NewYorkGuy wrote:

@Simplyjays wrote:

just got approved for amex green card but... im self employed and dont have my 4506-t form yet but my accountant can provide a profit and loss file.. will that be acceptable for amex incase they feel the curious need to FR me..? can also provide bank statements from personal and business which business deposits and electronic deposits are over 200k a year much more then i listed on the application when i got approved.. this infamous fr has me freaked out... -.-

tips and answers apprecated!

This is exactly why Amex behave the way they do. People buy into their delusion of grandeur. At the end of the day they are just another credit card company. I currently have the Amex Zync w/ NPSL. I would NEVER comply an Amex FR. Not because I have something to hide but just out of principle. I would gladly dump their plastic if I have to. You have to wonder the depesration of someone who would turn over 3 years of their tax return just to keep a credit card. There are far too many credit products on the market to put up with that crap... some with much better rewards and features than Amex. Whatever is on my taxes is between me, my family, and Uncle Sam. The only way I would even conceive of giving my tax returns to a creditor is if it is direclty connected to the acquisition of a tangible asset like a house for example... but for a revolving line of credit? HELL NO!!

Can I get an AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 30
sambam94
Established Member

Amen...if AMEX ever FR me, I couldn't tell them to F themelves fast enough.

Message 13 of 30
Simplyjays
New Contributor

amen if they FR me ill hold on  to my nuts tightly and and refuse! woot lmao thanks guys!

Inquires= 0 as of 3/20/2013 till 4/1/2014
-Amex green NPSL -Discover it 1k -Capital One 1.25k -Walmart 700.00
-JDCU 500.00 -Credit one bank 400.00 (credit builder card =) -Babys R-us 200.00? =(
TU=649
EQ=632 as of 3/20/2013
Message 14 of 30
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

LS2982

ROTFL!! LOL. made me crack up 4real. 

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 30
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

I'd cooperate with an FR because I like my Amex cards and want to keep them, but that's just me.  It would be worth it to me to keep the cards.

Message 16 of 30
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

If most people told Amex to "eat it" every time they pulled an FR they'd be out of business. But people love sucking up to them because they think they are the card of the affluent or something. Like the person before me, if they ever pull an FR I'm going to fax them the words "bwahahahaha" on my documents.

Message 17 of 30
gpfirestone
New Contributor

Getting a FR from amex is not that common.  You are really not at risk being a new member.  Just use the card sparingly at first, no more than a few thousand each month.  Increase what you spend per month slowly.  I learned the hard way by going from monthly spend of $2000 to $20000 which triggered a FR.  Fortunately I passed with flying colors but my understanding is that they won't FR you unless they notice some irregularity in your account.

:Capital One Spark Business $45k:::Chase Sapphire Preferred $30k:::Chase Amazon Visa $3k:::American Express BC $10k:::Chase Ink Plus $15k:::American Express Business Plum:::American Express Business Platinum::Citi Thank You Preferred $50k:::City Simplicity $10k:::REI Visa $10k::Capital One Quicksilver $15k:::American Express EveryDay $10k:::Wells Fargo Platinum Cash Back $10k:

FIA/BOA is the plague. AVOID THEM!
Message 18 of 30
gpfirestone
New Contributor

btw Casteel, you can even call Amex and verify with them, they have no problem with people using personal cards as cards for their business expenses.  to them it is irrelevant and this is their company policy.

:Capital One Spark Business $45k:::Chase Sapphire Preferred $30k:::Chase Amazon Visa $3k:::American Express BC $10k:::Chase Ink Plus $15k:::American Express Business Plum:::American Express Business Platinum::Citi Thank You Preferred $50k:::City Simplicity $10k:::REI Visa $10k::Capital One Quicksilver $15k:::American Express EveryDay $10k:::Wells Fargo Platinum Cash Back $10k:

FIA/BOA is the plague. AVOID THEM!
Message 19 of 30
Open123
Super Contributor

I would just use the card for "normal" purchases and not give FR a second thought.  Aside from the internet, in my entire life, I've never even heard of FR, let alone know of anyone whose gone through it.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.