Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex green card AF

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: amex green card AF

@myjourney wrote:

Example I saw a offer for double points for every dollar on travel now granted I booked with PRG my green also showed the same offer 

Less than 10 minutes later the offer was acknowledge via text that it had been used and applied to my account

Lets hope you're not profiled either UncleB ...Lol

Yeah, if they were profiling me (and doing it correctly) they would be giving me offers for Target and Sears... not for stores selling luggage where a suitcase cost half my monthly income like they usually do...LOL.

Message 31 of 65
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

I have the Green still mainly for the 15 year BD, and surprising they've had quite a few bonus deals attached to it. Based on that I get close to the 95 AF in rewards. So not really making money with the card but it's far from useless. 

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 32 of 65
linux007969
Established Contributor

See if an option to switch to the Sr. Green is available?

I have the Sr. Green and now that i also have the Everyday card they automoatically refunded and removed the membership rewards fee without having to ask, so now there is only a annual fee of $35!

I've had the card since the end of December 2012 and converted to the Sr. Green in November 2013 and when they sent me a chip card a few weeks ago my membership date says 2012 now! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 33 of 65
Open123
Super Contributor

In my view, the ED's introduction and PRG's upgraded benefits has rendered two Amex cards completely obsolete, the Green and Blue.  I was never a big fan of the Green or Blue to begin with, but even less so now.

For the sake of argument, even if one wanted the Green for NPSL and lower fee, since the person never travels, it's still better to app for the PRG's bonus, then PC to the Green the 2nd year.

Message 34 of 65
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

I have the Sr. Green and now that i also have the Everyday card they automoatically refunded and removed the membership rewards fee without having to ask, so now there is only a annual fee of $35!

I've had the card since the end of December 2012 and converted to the Sr. Green in November 2013 and when they sent me a chip card a few weeks ago my membership date says 2012 now! Smiley Very Happy

How old do you have to be for a Sr. Green?

Hate to admit it but I might be there. I thought my $55 locked in fee was a good deal - but maybe I should be paying $35. Smiley LOL

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 35 of 65
linux007969
Established Contributor

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

Hate to admit it but I might be there. I thought my $55 locked in fee was a good deal - but maybe I should be paying $35. Smiley LOL

LOL!!! I'm only 26 years old! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 36 of 65
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@linux007969 wrote:

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

LOL!!! I'm only 26 years old! Smiley Very Happy

I might have to check into that... my account is fairly new, but my 'Member Since' date is 1995.  We all know they no longer backdate, but possibly that old member date will still be useful for something!   Smiley Very Happy

Message 37 of 65
Open123
Super Contributor

There's no age requirement for the Senior Green, but you don't earn MR points on purchases.  Before the ED, this was a useful card to keep MR points active and fully transferrable for those cardmembers who no longer spend signficant amounts, but have a large amount of unused MR points.

Message 38 of 65
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Open123 wrote:

There's no age requirement for the Senior Green, but you don't earn MR points on purchases.  Before the ED, this was a useful card to keep MR points active and fully transferrable for those cardmembers who no longer spend signficant amounts, but have a large amount of unused MR points.

It would actually be perfect for me, since I have no use for MR points anyway.  When my account AF is due in April I'll definitely check into this.  Smiley Wink

Message 39 of 65
Open123
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

It would actually be perfect for me, since I have no use for MR points anyway.  When my account AF is due in April I'll definitely check into this.  Smiley Wink

Me too.  I'm considering PC'ing my PRG to the Senior Green and pay $35.  Given no more backdating, it may be worth paying the nominal fee to keep the long TL history of the account.

And, aesthetically speaking, the Green is far and away my favorite Amex card.

Message 40 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.