Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex green card AF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amex green card AF

i assume you could convert back to your PRG should you find later use, correct?
Message 41 of 65
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
i assume you could convert back to your PRG should you find later use, correct?

Yes, or any of their charge cards.  

Message 42 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah figured so Smiley Wink
Message 43 of 65
linux007969
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

There's no age requirement for the Senior Green, but you don't earn MR points on purchases.  Before the ED, this was a useful card to keep MR points active and fully transferrable for those cardmembers who no longer spend signficant amounts, but have a large amount of unused MR points.

False! I earn Membership rewaards points on my Sr Green and my Everday Card has access to them as well.

Before i got my Everyday card my fees for my Sr. Green was........

Annual Fee $35

Membership Rewards Fee $40

So effectively $75 annual fee instead of $95

Now that i have my Everyday it is going to only be $35

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 44 of 65
Open123
Super Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

There's no age requirement for the Senior Green, but you don't earn MR points on purchases.  Before the ED, this was a useful card to keep MR points active and fully transferrable for those cardmembers who no longer spend signficant amounts, but have a large amount of unused MR points.

False! I earn Membership rewaards points on my Sr Green and my Everday Card has access to them as well.

What is your annual membership fee?

Message 45 of 65
linux007969
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

What is your annual membership fee?

I just listed them by editing my post..... sorry, just refresh your screen.

Message 46 of 65
Open123
Super Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Annual Fee $35

Right, this allows you to earn MR points.  I was assuming those who no longer find a Green valuable, but wanted to keep it, would choose to minimize the cost at $35.  For instance, the legacy Greens are at $55 per year with full MR earning capability.

In my case, I'm looking to PC down to the $35 just to keep the TL, since I make no purchases on the Green.

*Edited*  Now, my understanding is that without the $40 MR fee, the Sr Green standalone at $35 per year will not allow for the earning of MR points on spend, even if you were to have other full MR cards.

Message 47 of 65
linux007969
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Annual Fee $35

Right, this allows you to earn MR points.  I was assuming those who no longer find a Green valuable, but wanted to keep it, would choose to minimize the cost at $35.  For instance, the legacy Greens are at $55 per year with full MR earning capability.

In my case, I'm looking to PC down to the $35 just to keep the TL, since I make no purchases on the Green.

*Edited*  Now, my understanding is that without the $40 MR fee, the Sr Green standalone at $35 per year will not allow for the earning of MR points on spend, even if you were to have other full MR cards.

It doesn't look like that happened to my accounts, once they were liked all the membership rewards are all pooled together and my membership rewards fee was refunded at a prorated amount.

Message 48 of 65
Open123
Super Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Annual Fee $35

It doesn't look like that happened to my accounts, once they were liked all the membership rewards are all pooled together and my membership rewards fee was refunded at a prorated amount.

Hm, interesting.  So, after removing the $40 associated with your Senior Green, you earn MR points when spending?  I assume you have (had) the Green and ED in the same MR program.

If so, then I'm definitely PC'ing into the Sr Green.

Message 49 of 65
linux007969
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Annual Fee $35

Hm, interesting.  So, after removing the $40 associated with your Senior Green, you earn MR points when spending?  I assume you have (had) the Green and ED in the same MR program.

If so, then I'm definitely PC'ing into the Sr Green.

Yes it looks like this the case for me..... i'm hoping they kept this policy for anyone else wanting to change to the Sr. Green.

Message 50 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.