Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex green card AF

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: amex green card AF

IIRC, one can no longer PC to the Senior Green. I was under the impression that Senior Green only earned MREs but someone else who may have that specific product can likely chime in. I have not seen any Green > Senior Green downgrades in a quite a while.
Message 61 of 65
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
IIRC, one can no longer PC to the Senior Green. I was under the impression that Senior Green only earned MREs but someone else who may have that specific product can likely chime in. I have not seen any Green > Senior Green downgrades in a quite a while.

+1 this loop hole was closeed maybe 4 months ago ....They caught on to what was happening ...shrugs 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 62 of 65
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

That's what I thought. I recall it was a few months back just couldn't remember the exact timeframe. Thanks myjourney!
Message 63 of 65
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:
IIRC, one can no longer PC to the Senior Green. I was under the impression that Senior Green only earnedMREs but someone else who may have that specific product can likely chime in. I have not seen any Green > Senior Green downgrades in a quite a while.

Yeah, I'm a bit 'up in the air' on the Sr. card as well... there are varying reports as to its availability, so I'm not going to consider it a possibility until I'm on the line with an Amex CSR and they're PC'ing my account.

My understanding (from 'back in the day') was that the 'Sr.' cards come in both Green and Gold, but couldn't be directly applied for... they had to be PC'd from an already established Green or Gold card.  Previously, the fee for the Green Sr. card was $35, and the fee for the Gold version was $55 (this was back before the regular Green AF went up to $95).  Once the account was PC'd to 'Sr.' status, it would no longer earn MR points of any type... however, if you did want to earn MR points, there was a fee (of course) to add that back on, if I recall correctly it was $40 per year.

Since then, I've read of Sr. cards of varying fee structures, and varying MR/MRE point schemes.  There's been so few actual data points on the 'Sr.' cards that pretty much all we have is background noise of what people "think" it is... just like I'm doing now.  Smiley Frustrated

Like I mentioned, when my time is up in April I plan to check on the option myself, which I suspect will be fruitless.  In the event there's actually something to it, I'll be on here reporting the details within the hour.  Smiley Wink

Message 64 of 65
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
That's what I thought. I recall it was a few months back just couldn't remember the exact timeframe. Thanks myjourney!

Could be wrong but I want to say it was about the time PRG benefits changed ......This was a favorite and popular ave for Plat and PRG after a year 

App get bonus .....PC to GRN 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 65 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.