Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Member

amex green card

hey guys i was wondering about difference between amex gold and greeen.

i applied for green because amex PRG has too much AF and i dun use any of early access to ertertainment option for regualr gold.

since i won't be using too much of charge card, i went with green card since it had low AF and has silmiar benefits to regular gold card..

does anyone had green card? did i make rite choice?

New Contributor

Re: amex green card

I don't have he green card but I've read a lot about it.  Basically I think you get slightly more rewards with gold, but if your not planning on using it frequnetly then the green makes more since because of the AF.  You can always get your card upgraded to.  So I would see how you like it first!  Congrats on your card Smiley Happy

Started Gardening 4/3/2014

Current Score: (04/2014) EX: 629 I TU: 650 I EQ: 654

In my Wallet:
Barclays NFL: $2000 I VS: $700 I Discover: $1600 I AU: Amex ED $2000
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]

As long as you can substantiate the AF then yes it may be a good choice for you.

The card is a basic point per $1 card but they are MR points and some of the my offers deals help with savings 

This point should be stressed more here an app spree should not be encouraged because its not for every profile
A thick file will support more apps at one time while a thin file may see negative reaction to this process

IMHO 4+ at one time is to many for a new file and it should be kept to 1-3 a year but we get caught up sometimes in seeing the little wheel spin and the words approved
Highlighted
Contributor

The Premier Rewards Gold offers extra rewards earning and a $175 annual fee. The Gold offers extra benefits (but 1x points on everything) and a $125 annual fee. The Green has a $95 annual fee.

I don't see much point in the Gold. Either PRG or Green is the way to go.
FICOs: EX (per Amex, 3/19/16): 788 | TU (per Discover, 3/20/16): 789 | EQ (per Citi, 3/20/16): 818

Wallet: Discover It $35.5k | Amex EveryDay $24.9k | Chase Freedom $15k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $10k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards (Cal Alumni Association) $9.6k

Drawer: $53.2k

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.