Established Member
Feather_Hat

amex green card

hey guys i was wondering about difference between amex gold and greeen.

i applied for green because amex PRG has too much AF and i dun use any of early access to ertertainment option for regualr gold.

since i won't be using too much of charge card, i went with green card since it had low AF and has silmiar benefits to regular gold card..

does anyone had green card? did i make rite choice?

New Contributor
Shelly313

Re: amex green card

I don't have he green card but I've read a lot about it.  Basically I think you get slightly more rewards with gold, but if your not planning on using it frequnetly then the green makes more since because of the AF.  You can always get your card upgraded to.  So I would see how you like it first!  Congrats on your card :smileyhappy:

Started Gardening 4/3/2014

Current Score: (04/2014) EX: 629 I TU: 650 I EQ: 654

In my Wallet:
Barclays NFL: $2000 I VS: $700 I Discover: $1600 I AU: Amex ED $2000
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

[ Edited ]

As long as you can substantiate the AF then yes it may be a good choice for you.

The card is a basic point per $1 card but they are MR points and some of the my offers deals help with savings 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last app 6/6/13 New GC trinket 9/6/14

New Contributor
CalAlumnus13

The Premier Rewards Gold offers extra rewards earning and a $175 annual fee. The Gold offers extra benefits (but 1x points on everything) and a $125 annual fee. The Green has a $95 annual fee.

I don't see much point in the Gold. Either PRG or Green is the way to go.
FICOs: EX (per Chase, 5/7/14): 740 | TU (per Discover, 4/20/14): 760 | EQ (per Capital One, 2/25/14): 720

Wallet: Amex Premier Rewards Gold NPSL | BankAmericard Cash Rewards (Cal Alumni Association) $9.6k | Amex EveryDay $9.3k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5k | Chase Freedom $3k

Drawer: $35.8k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+