Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex hilton hhonors spend bonus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

amex hilton hhonors spend bonus

typically AmEx is known to take a long time to post the reward bonus after you meet spend (took about a month or more with my ED) but this card only took like 2-3 days. quite shocked
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: amex hilton hhonors spend bonus

@Anonymous wrote:
typicallyAmEx is known to take a long time to post the reward bonus after you meet spend (took about a month or more with my ED) but this card only took like 2-3 days. quite shocked

I had the same experience with my BCP... the sign up bonus posted literally a couple of days after I met my $500 spend, and just like you say, the rewards are sloooow.  I'm thinking the bonuses are faster since they post directly to the statement as a credit, rather than to a rewards account?

Ironically, this month it's even slower than usual... the statement was a day late (the website showed the upcoming payment amount due a day before the statement was generated - usually they appear at the same time) and my rewards balance isn't updated, either.  My online statement shows rewards from two months ago (which is normal) but doesn't reflect my $50 redemption, and my online rewards balance reflects my redemption, but hasn't updated to reflect the rewards from two months ago... I'm actually a little surprised to be having this type issue with Amex - I would expect this from a small local bank or CU, not a huge global company.

I'm giving it another day or two, then I guess I'll have to send them a secure message... surely I'm not the only one, though.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

hopefully it works for you!
Message 3 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks... I'm rather meek when it comes to fighting for a CLI (or even an approval), but I'll cut a b..... if they mess with my cash rewards!  Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

hahaha. i am still shocked they were so quick. it's nice to see 40+k for my rewards for that card
Message 5 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks... I'm rather meek when it comes to fighting for a CLI (or even an approval), but I'll cut a b..... if they mess with my cash rewards!  Smiley Mad

Update... this AM my account updated and my cash rewards are now reflecting accurately.  Smiley Happy

I don't know why it took so long this month - rewards are usually updated when the statement is generated - but at least it's correct now.  I guess even the almighty Amex has computer glitches from time to time.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.