Established Contributor
amercnchopz34

amex in my sights .......well in a few years!!! BK 7 from 05 reporting....

[ Edited ]

Well my last collection account was removed early ........

was supposed  to have been December ,but it dropped off my CR's  August 1st ........:smileywink:...

well I am sitting in the garden till then.... 1 new account opened in  April........some INQ on my EQ reports like 7 that will be gone by next year same time.....only 1 from amex  on EXP......4 on TU   turn  1yr in December...

Amex Zync and Discover More will be only cards in my future before I can get rid of my cap 1 card rebuilder,and HSBC / cap one  direct rewards discover.......

Should I just wait till BK comes off completely or just chance at the 8 yr mark that some others have been approved for????

Score in siggy ......

thanks

Revelate

Re: amex in my sights .......well in a few years!!! BK 7 from 05 reporting....

If it's your first Amex, take the shot in December (just not too late, figure mid December for safety in establishing Membership date).

In fairness, BK's appear to be problematic with Amex, but if you don't have your future backdate set in stone, it's worth taking the shot even if it is a deny.  If you already have had an Amex in the past (and if you can prove it) you can afford to wait if you don't want the possible denial, but personally I don't think that it's a wasted inquiry regardless if you need to thicken your file.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

Good luck w/ amex w/ BK still reporting.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board and $500 secured CC
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board and $80k in revolving credit

Get those baddies removed!!!
Contributor
irving_magik

amercnchopz34 wrote:

was supposed  to have been December ,but it dropped off my CR's  August 1st ........:smileywink:...

well I am sitting in the garden till then.... 1 new account opened in  April........some INQ on my EQ reports like 7 that will be gone by next year same time.....only 1 from amex  on EXP......4 on TU   turn  1yr in December...

Lucky, I've never had any of mine fall off early, they seem to fall off the month after they are said to fall off.... Still waiting for some from July to fall of....

Good luck with your app.

Fico Scores: TU 734 (08/12/2012) and EQ 716 (12/08/2012)

AMEX BCP $10,000 (opened 09/2012) - Citi TYP $6500 (opened 12/2012) Chase Freedom $1500 (opened 09/2012)

GMAC Mortgage $181,000 (opened 07/2011) - Car Loan $18,000 (opended 01/2011)
Established Contributor
amercnchopz34

I have no plans to app now....I have to get utlization down.......at 28% ......plus I am going to wait at least a year till it ages to 8yrs....

Established Contributor
amercnchopz34

amercnchopz34 wrote:

Amex Zync and Discover More will be only cards in my future before I can get rid of my cap 1 card rebuilder,and HSBC / cap one  direct rewards discover.......

Should I just wait till BK comes off completely or just chance at the 8 yr mark that some others have been approved for????

Score in siggy ......

thanks

So what do u guys think my chances are at the 8 yr mark?

Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

[ Edited ]

amercnchopz34 wrote:

amercnchopz34 wrote:

Score in siggy ......

thanks

I think you would have a fair chance with a real EX fico over 700,  no baddies since BK and an income over 30k perferably a lot higher to make them drool  And a thick file with multiple tradeline showing.  All reporting perfect

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 12/15/2014
Established Contributor
amercnchopz34

jamesdwi wrote:

amercnchopz34 wrote:

amercnchopz34 wrote:

Score in siggy ......

thanks

I think you would have a fair chance with a real EX fico over 700,  no baddies since BK and an income over 30k perferably a lot higher to make them drool  And a thick file with multiple tradeline showing.  All reporting perfect

Yeah.....I  have 2 EXP  inquires  both from Amex   12-2011 and April 2012 ...denied due to BK 

I hope that I stand a chance then at the 8yr mark

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}