Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex increase

tag
nissanaltimacrazyhorse
Established Member

amex increase

i only asked for 1k increase on my blue cash card so its up to 2k now lol, i should of asked for more oh well ill have to wait 6 months then bump it to 4k or 6k?

Im just happy to have an increase score is 673 now crap one is stuck at 750 which it will probably stay there.

chase sapphire preferred 5k
capital one venture 5k
amex blue cash preferred 2.5k
chase freedom 500
amex premier reward npsl

trans union 705 goal 750
equifax 675 goal 750

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: amex increase

And congrats on the Altima

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 2 of 6
nissanaltimacrazyhorse
Established Member

dont own it anymore just easy to remember i was so happy to get 100% bump, was reading people get 3x amount usually oh well next time

capital one venture 5k
chase freedom 500
amex premier reward npsl

trans union 705 goal 750
equifax 675 goal 750

Message 3 of 6
nissanaltimacrazyhorse
Established Member

i feel like my limits are so low, kind of want  to apply for another card but dont need it just to have a higher limit i  guess. Amex is the only card i use right now. Maybe someone could give me some advice, don;t know why people have the need for so many cards.

capital one venture 5k
chase freedom 500
amex premier reward npsl

trans union 705 goal 750
equifax 675 goal 750

Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

ALWAYS always ask for 3X current limit unless over $25k (even that has been seen lately)

The computer will counter if not for the 3x, it's instant so you are just missing out by not taking what is in the computer already.

Message 5 of 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

ALWAYS always ask for 3X current limit unless over $25k (even that has been seen lately)

The computer will counter if not for the 3x, it's instant so you are just missing out by not taking what is in the computer already.

+1 Even when I'm asking for a CLI other than Amex, I always ask for more, knowing they'll counter lower. That way, I know I'm getting the highest CLI I can.

You can ask for $6k next time, and if you're approved, you can ask for $18k after that. Your CL will grow in no time! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.